Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/30/2014 -- The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth. By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Each of the countries included in this report provide guidelines for the treatment of migraine. According to GlobalData's high-prescriber survey, the US, UK and Japan strongly adhere to their own national guidelines; however, the majority of the physicians from other EU countries (France, Germany, Italy and Spain) follow European guidelines such as the European Headache Federation (EHF) and European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) guidelines.
- Overview of Migraine including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU (the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany) from 2012-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Migraine market.
Reasons to Get This Report
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return.
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Migraine.
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential.
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of drug performance.
- Obtain sales forecast for drugs from 2012-2023 in 5EU (the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - US Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Migraine - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023
- PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Prophylactic Hepatitis B Virus Vaccines - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - Germany Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - UK Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - Italy Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - France Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - Spain Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
- PharmaPoint: Hemophilia A and B - Japan Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022