New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "Poland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/28/2013 -- BMI View: Poland's position at the top of our Risk/Reward Ratings this quarter highlights the strong outlook for new services in the market, particularly the demand for data. Fixed and mobile operators are competing to cater to broadband demand, offering strong growth. The market's strong competition helps keep the country high in our assessment of the region's telecoms operators. Multi-play operators are becoming the norm in Poland, providing a wealth of cross platform content and fuelling the demand for high-speed-internet services over wireline and wireless platforms. The strategy for low-cost prepaid services to drive up connections has limited long-term prospects, we believe, and we expect a greater focus on the quality of subscribers in the medium- to long term.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- ARPU decline remains strongest for T-Mobile, which concentrates on marketing services on the prepaid platform. This brought down the market share weighted average to PLN36 in Q312, down 10.2% y-o-y.
- Net additions remained strong in Q312, adding 790,000 new subscribers, with Orange and Polkomtel beginning to reverse their losses from earlier in 2012.
- All forecasts have been updated to 2017, highlighting strong growth for broadband services in the Polish market.
Key Trends And Developments
Our mobile forecasts remain muted over the five-year period 2013-2017, as we believe the strong growth in prepaid subscriptions in 2012 will eventually lead to declines. P4 and T-Mobile's strategies for driving market share have long-term implications for the companies' financial performance. BMI believes all operators in the market will increasingly focus on better quality subscribers.
Converged services look to be growing in the market, particularly through tie-ups between Aero2, Polkomtel and Cyfrowy Polsat. The companies have investment from local billionaire, Zygmut Solorz-Zak, and 2012 saw several deals and partnerships announced. BMI beileves this is good for market developments and particularly postitive for the companies involved.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Japan Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Kenya Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Caribbean Telecommunications Report Q1 2013