Recently published research from Euromonitor International, "RTD Coffee in France", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/30/2014 -- RTD coffee in 2013 continued to suffer from weak demand as in terms of supply some dynamism was observed. New players tried to enter the category in 2013 and retailers continued to be open to novelties. However, RTD coffee struggled to take off in France and unsuccessful products were quickly replaced by new ones due to shelf space being at a premium in retailers? snacking sections.
Only a few players offered RTD coffee in France in 2013. The leading player was Emmi AG, which held an off-trade volume share of 80% and value share of 79%. Emmi?s products are largely available on the snacking shelves of major grocery retailers and convenience stores and have been for a long time. As a result, they are well-known by consumers who purchase products for on-the-go consumption. Two other important suppliers of RTD coffee are Illycaff? France and Starbucks Coffee France SAS. Their RTD coffee brands are more recent entrants (Illy Issimo from Illycaff? was launched in 2011 while Frappuccino from Starbucks was launched in the French market in 2012), thus explaining in part their lower volume and value shares.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Despite the fact that a growing number of consumers are tending to purchase food and drink for consumption on the go, the impact of this trend on RTD coffee will likely be limited over the forecast period. French consumers are accustomed to drinking hot fresh coffee and it will be difficult over the medium and long term to change this behaviour, which is currently being reinforced by the penetration of coffee pod machines and the success of fresh ground coffee pods. As a result, the dynamism observed in terms of supply should diminish year-on-year, also due to the fact that the space reserved for snacking products in supermarkets, hypermarkets and convenience stores is limited and profitability means retailers prefer products which move quickly. Consequently, products and brands with low recognition will have difficulty surviving. In addition, it is likely that not many manufacturers will invest in driving demand due to the fact that the category is small.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the RTD Coffee industry in France with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the RTD Coffee industry in France, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The RTD Coffee in France market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of RTD Coffee in France?
- What are the major brands in France?
- What are the key new launches of RTD Coffee and bottled coffee products?
- Who are the consumers of RTD coffee in France?
- Where is ready to drink coffee most commonly consumed?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Beverages research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in West Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Latin America to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in Asia to 2019: Market Guide
- Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Market in East Europe to 2019: Market Guide
- RTD Coffee in Mexico
- Global Iced/RTD Coffee Drinks Report 2013
- RTD Coffee in Norway
- RTD Coffee in Hungary
- RTD Coffee in Spain
- RTD Coffee in Germany