New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/11/2013 -- The Serbian economy posted real GDP growth of 2.1% year-on-year in Q113, confirming our expectation that the economy is poised for a modest recovery this year. We continue to forecast full-year growth of 1.2%, which will increase to 3.4% in 2014, driven mainly by a pickup in fixed investment and private consumption.
Headline Industry Data (local currency):
- 2013 per capita food consumption: +3.2%; five-year forecast to 2017: +16.3%.
- 2013 alcoholic drinks value sales: +3.0%; five-year forecast to 2017: +15.0%.
- 2013 soft drinks value sales: +11.5%; five-year forecast to 2017: +76.2%.
- 2013 mass grocery retail sales: +7.5%; five-year forecast to 2017: +37.4%.
Key Industry Trends
Veronesi Signs Agreement With Serbian Agroziv: In summer 2013 Serbian poultry producer Agroziv signed a memorandum of understanding with Italian food producer Veronesi on a strategic partnership deal. Veronesi, with turnover of EUR2.7bn in 2012, has no production capacity outside Italy. A deal with Agroziv would mean access to the Russian, Ukrainian and Belarus markets as well as Serbia. Veronesi is to make a detailed legal and economic analysis of Agroziv in the next several months, and if everything goes according to plan, significant investment is likely in early 2014.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Italian Discounter Eurospin Considers Serbia: In summer 2013, Italy's largest discount chain Eurospin revealed that it is considering a launch into the Serbian retail sector. The retailer is to make a detailed analysis of the Serbian market after which it will make a decision on the opportunities and the pace of entry. The retailer has stressed that Serbia is rated positively in the company's development plans. After Italy, Slovenia and Croatia where the retailer already operates stores, Serbia is ranked as the next prospective investment destination.
Key Risks To Outlook
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Czech Republic Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Brazil Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Kazakhstan Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Saudi Arabia Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
- Vietnam Food & Drink Report Q4 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)