New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- The Slovenian IT market has been hit hard by recession and we forecast the total IT market value will grow to EUR797mn in 2014. With stagnation also forecast in 2013, we forecast only modest growth of 2.45% this year as the market continues to feel the effects of the deepening recession and the impact on IT spending of a wave of austerity cuts. Meanwhile, a new banking crisis and rising unemployment will further constrain demand for IT products and services. While the market has had a challenging few years, the fundamentals of rising incomes over the medium term, alongside continued modernisation of enterprises and public administration means the market should expand with a CAGR of 4.5% 2013 to 2017.
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: EUR362mn in 2012 to EUR364mn in 2013, an increase of 0.5% in local currency terms. Initial indications are that the launch of Windows 8 has done little to boost demand, while the economic environment continues to result in business caution in corporate and small- and medium-sized enterprise (SME) segments.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Software Sales: EUR157mn in 2012 to EUR164mn in 2013, an increase of 4.5% in local currency. Large enterprises still account for about half of the spending on enterprise application solutions (EAS) in Slovenia. IT Services Sales: EUR212mn in 2012 to EUR222mn in 2013, an increase of 4.7% in local currency terms. The IT services market will outperform in 2013, based on the demand for cost cutting products such as cloud computing and outsourcing.
Key Trends & Developments
- Recent growth trends in the Slovenian IT market have been dominated by the performance of the economy as a whole. Private demand, company investment and government expenditure all face headwinds over the coming quarter as confidence is fragile in light of the wider economic challenges. There has been a reallocation of IT budgets from new procurements to the maintenance of existing systems and hardware. However, larger recent projects from some organisations in traditional IT spending verticals such as utilities and banking demonstrate that companies are still willing to invest in IT to boost competitiveness and support new services.
- One relative bright spot is the public sector, which should be a source of opportunity for IT vendors even in a period of fiscal austerity. Some large projects are under way or being launched. For instance, there is an initiative to create an e-health system in Slovenia by 2020 is one prime example, while the Ministry of Finance is also implementing an e-tax system. IT services companies are considered to be the best positioned to benefit from this trend, as well as from IT projects tendered across various sectors, including education, retail and financial institutions.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Graphene Electronics Market: Materials (PV, Electronics); Devices (Supercapacitors, Transistors, Spintronics, Sensors, ICs & Chips, Lenses); Products (Computing, Consumer, Memory, Display); Developments (Nanotubes & Ribbons, Fullerenes) (2013 - 2023)
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- BG Group plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2012-2013: New Consumer Technology Solutions, Impact, Opportunities and Budgets
- Consol Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- InterOil Exploration & Production ASA Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- Total S.A. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- Hess Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- Smart Transportation Market - By Solutions (Ticketing Management, Parking Management, Passenger Information, Traffic Management), Services (Traditional, Advanced, Software) Worldwide Analysis And Forecasts (2012 - 2018)
- OAO Novatek Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)