New Consumer Goods research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/24/2013 -- BMI View: BMI has not altered its consumer electronics market forecast for 2013, after the market was affected by tighter consumer credit in 2012. Consumer loan growth continued to show signs of moderation in early 2013 as the economy rebalanced from debt-fuelled consumption to a more balanced model with a greater role for exports.
Consumer electronics sales remain strong in key categories, such as smartphones. Turkcell reported strong growth in revenues in 2012, driven by an increased number of smartphone users on its network. Vodafone and AVEA also reported surges in smartphone numbers. The government's FATIH programme to provide tablets for school students is expected to have a major impact on the market and local and international vendors have become involved.
Despite an expected short-term moderation therefore, Turkey's consumer electronics market is well positioned to outperform most other emerging Europe markets. Demand is expected to increase at 8.4% CAGR through to 2017, driven by the growing popularity of digital lifestyle devices such as flat-panel TV sets, smartphones, notebook computers and digital cameras, as well as rising incomes and lower prices.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
Computer Hardware Sales: US$5.7bn in 2012 to US$6.3bn in 2013, +10% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, but upgrades to Windows 8 based machines could provide a boost despite a relatively tepid response to the new OS.
AV Sales: US$1.9bn in 2012 to US$2.1bn in 2013, +7% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with digital broadcasting penetration reaching 70% in 2012.
Handset Sales: US$1.8bn in 2012 to US$2.1bn in 2013, +14% in US dollar terms. Forecast in US dollar terms unchanged, with smartphones accounting for about 60% of Turkish handset revenues in 2013.
Risks/Rewards Rating: Turkey's score was 51.1 out of 100. BMI expects consumer IT spending to hold up relatively well, although continued price erosion in the PC and handset market will place pressure on margins. Turkey climbed from fourth to third place (out of eight) in our latest RRR table and the country is in a favourable position to continue to be a regional market outperformer.
Key Trends & Developments
- Mobile subscriber penetration reached 91% in 2012. Sales will be driven increasingly by the replacement market. With smartphone prices declining, and a larger portfolio of devices and mobile internet services available, smartphones passed 60% of handset sales by Turkish mobile operator Turkcell in 2012.
- Turkey's evolution towards digital TV services will help drive AV sales, with video devices such as TV sets, digital cameras and VCR players accounting for more than 80% of demand. A higher proportion of sales were accounted for by digital models. Total stock of flat-panel TV sets among Turkey's TV households is more than 2.5mn units.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bulgaria Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Peru Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Indonesia Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Bahrain Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- South Korea Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2013
- Russia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2013
- Chile Consumer Electronics Report Q4 2013
- Australia Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2013
- China Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2013
- Venezuela Consumer Electronics Report Q3 2013
Copyright © 2005-2013 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)