Fast Market Research recommends "Ukraine Agribusiness Report Q2 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/21/2014 -- We continue to favour Ukraine's grain sector and expect increases in production and more diversity in export demand. While the EU has recently authorised imports of Ukrainian poultry, which will support export growth over the medium term, we do not see a similar opening for dairy exports in the near term. We therefore expect weaker dairy consumption growth, with growth coming strictly from domestic demand. We have revised down our forecast for Ukraine's real GDP growth in the near term and believe this will impact in particular demand for meat and dairy products, as they tend to be considered less of a staple food than grains. We highlight MHP's strong growth potential as the main beneficiary of our positive outlook for the local poultry industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Corn production growth to 2017/18: 38.5% to 29.1mn tonnes. We are turning more optimistic on potential output growth on the back of increased investment in the country.
- Poultry consumption growth to 2018: 17.2% to 982,400 tonnes. Poultry demand will benefit from improving domestic income conditions as well as its preferred status as a cheaper and healthier alternative to red meat.
- Milk production growth to 2017/18: 14.9% to 13.2mn tonnes. Over the medium term, consolidation and increased investment are expected to start to compensate for industry exits, with production rising steadily over the forecast period to 2016/17.
- 2014 real GDP growth: 0.4%, up from -1.4% in 2013. Predicted to average 1.3% from 2013 to 2017.
- 2014 consumer price inflation: 6.2% average, up from 2.0% in 2013.
- BMI universe agribusiness market value: 6.4% year-on-year (y-o-y) increase to US$42.9bn in 2013/14, forecast to grow on average 2.7% annually between 2012/13 and 2017/18.
Key Revisions To Forecasts
- Wheat: 2014/15 production revised up to 22.0mn tonnes (from 21.0mn tonnes) in line with first official plantings forecasts.
- Corn: 2013/14 production revised up to 30.0mn tonnes (from 22.0mn tonnes) in line with the latest official estimates. 2014/15 output revised up to 27.4mn tonnes (from 24.4mn tonnes) on base effects and initial plantings estimates.
- Barley: 2014/15 production revised down to 7.3mn tonnes (from 8.8mn tonnes) as less area will be dedicated to the crop.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Thailand Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Pakistan Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Indonesia Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Saudi Arabia Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Russia Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- France Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Bangladesh Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Algeria Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
- Ghana Agribusiness Report Q2 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)