New Transportation market report from MarketLine: "Zipcar - world's largest car sharing network"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/23/2014 -- Zipcar, Inc. operates a car sharing network, providing self-service vehicles, by the hour or by the day. It entered the market in its very early stages and rapidly expanded through mergers, acquisitions and strategic partnerships, to become the global leader. Despite its strong membership and revenue growth, it failed to turn a profit and in 2013 it was acquired by Avis Budget Group.
Features and benefits
- Analysis of car sharing market, including its revenue and membership growth, outlook, main competitors and factors impacting on its growth prospects.
- Analysis of Zipcar's business model and revenues.
- Analysis of Zipcar's acquisition by Avis and its implications for the further development of car sharing and car rental services.
The global car sharing market is expanding at a fast rate and represents significant revenue opportunities. Encouraged by rapid market growth, traditional car rental companies have introduced their own car sharing services and are now competing with smaller car sharing companies, car manufacturers, P2P services, as well as private individuals.
Zipcar's revenue more than doubled between 2008 and 2012 and its membership has increased significantly. Its innovative business model began to threaten incumbents with traditional, rental operations.
In 2103, Zipcar was acquired by Avis for $500.0m. Zipcar's revenue after acquisition is expected to grow by up to $20.0m. Zipcar owners were able to cash out at a 50.0% premium, showing how eager Avis is to make an impact in the car sharing industry.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- What is car sharing market and how fast is it growing? How much is the global car sharing market worth? Who are the main competitors?
- What are the main factors impacting the car sharing market development?
- What are Zipcar's advantages? How did it enter the car sharing market and expanded its market share?
- What is Zipcar's revenue and why did it fail to return profits?
- What are the implications of its acquisition by Avis for the global car sharing market?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Exploring the European Car Wash Market 2012
- Connected Car Market (2013-2018): By Connectivity Technology (LTE, Wi-Fi, 3G, HSPA); Form Factor (Tethered, Embedded, Integrated); Product & Service (OEM & Aftermarket), Application (Navigation, Telematics, Infotainment) & Geography
- Semi Autonomous Market For Passenger Car By Type (Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Assist, Autonomous Park Assist & Adaptive Lights), By Technology, By Geography, & Autonomous Car (Qualitative Trends & Technologies) - Global Trends & Forecast To 2018
- Car Manufacturing - Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide
- Car Manufacturing - Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Car Manufacturing - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
- The Future of Travel and Tourism in South Korea to 2016
- Travel and Tourism in South Korea to 2017
- The Global Cybersecurity Market 2013-2023
- Trion Worlds, Inc. (formerly Trion World Network, Inc.) - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)