Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/20/2012 -- BMI View: Kazakhstan's construction industry is forecast to post strong growth in 2012, driven by demand for the country's resources. Year-on-year (y-o-y) growth is at 6.0% for 2012 rising as high as 9% by 2014. The industry value is expected to increase from US$15.2bn in 2012 to US$29.2bn by the end of our forecast period in 2016. Despite strong growth figures, long-term political stability does raise some potential issues for the country.
Key developments in Kazakhstan's infrastructure industry include:
- The manufacturing division of General Electric has signed a memorandum of understanding to build a US$90mn diesel manufacturing plant in Astana, Kazakhstan. GE Transportation will undertake the project as a joint venture, in conjunction with KTZ and TransmashDiesel. The plant is to produce 400 Evolution Series engines annually, with operations to begin before the end of 2013.
- The World Bank has announced that it will provide a US$1.068bn loan to Kazakhstan's government for its East-West roads project. This will see the construction of a new road between Almaty and Khorgos that will be 13% shorter than the existing one. The project aims to improve transportation along the Western Europe-Western China road corridor, thereby facilitating trade.
- Kazakhstan's government has announced that it intends to collaborate with Malaysia to develop the former country's infrastructure. Work in the pipeline comprises public transport facilities and 20 new hospitals.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
While we acknowledge its vast economic potential and the concurrent opportunities for investors, we remain concerned over Kazakhstan's long-term political stability. Political power is concentrated in the hands of the 72-year-old president, Nursultan Nazarbayev, and the country's investment appeal could be undermined if no clear process for his succession materialises.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Kazakhstan Infrastructure Report Q2 2012
- Turkey Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- Brazil Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- Chile Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- India Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- Philippines Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- China Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- Germany Infrastructure Report Q3 2012
- Thailand Infrastructure Report Q3 2012