Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kazakhstan Power Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/07/2014 -- We expect healthy growth in Kazakhstan's power sector over BMI's 10-year forecast period to 2023 , in terms of generation and consumption. Coal will retain its dominance, accounting for over 80% of the country's energy generation by 2023. However, non-hydro renewables will grow rapidly, with a slew of foreign-financed wind and solar projects in the pipeline. The government also plan s to restart the exploitation of nuclear energy, helped by Kazakhstan's vast uranium wealth. Power production will comfortably meet demand, with Kazakhstan's dependence on energy imports decreasing over the 10-year period. For much of the forecast period, system losses will be considerable, but steady investment in transmission and distribution infrastructure will narrow the supply/demand gap significantly.
Key T rends A nd D evelopments:
- Plans for privatising the electricity sector remain live. In July, the government confirmed its intention to list shares in the Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company, Samruk- Energo , Kazakhstan Temir Zholy and KazAtomProm in a People's IPO in December 2014. The final number of shares to be floated and the price will be decided in due course.
- Plans to integrate Kazakhstan's power sector into a regional market were boosted by the government's decision in June to sign up to the new Eurasian Economic Union. The trade bloc, which is due to be launched in January 2015, consists initially of Russia and Belarus, but will potentially also include Armenia, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan.
- In a bid to improve the internal distribution of electricity, the government embarked on construction of a 1,500km north-south transmission line in July. Meanwhile, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) agreed a mandate letter with the government on financing a USD25mn project to modernise electricity distribution networks in the Kyzylorda region.
- The government's commitment to developing its renewables sector took a...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Kazakhstan Power Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering electricity generation (coal, gas, oil, nuclear, hydro and non-hydro renewables), electricity consumption, trade, transmission and distribution losses and electricity generating capacity.
The Kazakhstan Power Report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing national and multinational operators by sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
- Use BMI's independent industry forecasts for Kazakhstan to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic planning in the power market.
- Target business opportunities and risks Kazakhstan's power sector through our reviews of latest power industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Kazakhstan
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Competitive Landscape analysis.
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering power markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Industry SWOT Analysis:
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the power sector, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
The Regional Overview provides a comparative context from within which one can assess the relative profitability of the power industry in a given country, incorporating BMI's country risk macro forecasts into our regional analysis. They also detail any relevant issues or events that might cause market fluctuations, as well as evaluate the impact of existing power infrastructure and fresh investments on the regional market.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
The Industry Forecasts provide historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for electricity generation (TWh) and electricity generating capacity (MW) for each individual power segment present in the country. These forecasts are in turn supported by explicit assumptions, in conjunction with analysis of the key risks to the main forecast. These in turn are broken down into:
Electricity Generation forecasts for Thermal, Coal, Gas, Oil, Nuclear, Hydro and Non-Hydro Renewables. For this section, we provide information on electricity generation (TWh), % growth year-on-year, KWh per capita, and the % of total electricity generation. The thermal fuels (coal, gas and oil) also have figures for their % of total thermal electricity generation.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Power Report Q4 2014
- Cambodia Power Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Power Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Power Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Power Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Power Report Q4 2014
- Poland Power Report Q4 2014
- Pakistan Power Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Power Report Q4 2014
- Power Quarterly Deals Analysis: M&A and Investment Trends - Q4 2013