New Healthcare research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/17/2014 -- The rising non-communicable disease burden will boost demand for prescription medicines to treat chronic diseases in Kenya. However, we believe drugmakers cannot employ their developed state business models to market medicines in a country that has traditionally focussed on the treatment of infectious diseases such as malaria, tuberculosis and HIV. Besides challenges related to diagnosis, care and treatment, there is a lack of understanding and knowledge about diseases such as diabetes and cancer among healthcare professionals and the general population, and a perception that these diseases are not as critical as other s affecting the country. Furthermore, limited government contribution to healthcare and low affordability levels create the need to establish structured channels through which companies can boost the use of their products - particularly as in an emerging market like Kenya, the demand for medicines is not equal to the uptake of medicines.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: KES55.29bn (USD642mn) in 2013 to KES63.77bn (USD725mn) in 2014; 15.3% growth in local currency terms and 12.9% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: KES184.28bn (USD2.14bn) in 2013 to KES207.59bn (USD2.36bn) in 2014; 12.6% growth in local currency terms and 10.2% in US dollar terms.
In BMI's Q115 Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Risk/Reward Index (RRIs), Kenya is 18th in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region. A large counterfeit drug industry, poor healthcare funding, corruption, regulatory deficiencies and a number of other issues will conspire to keep Kenya in a low position in the MEA matrix. Nevertheless, in comparison with many other African markets, most of which are not surveyed by BMI, Kenya offers greater commercial promise and a more stable overall business environment.
Key Trends And Developments
In October 2014, the Kenyan Ministry of Health stated that it would press for information on the ongoing international...
The Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Kenya to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kenya.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Croatia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bangladesh Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Iraq Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Spain Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Partners HealthCare System, Inc. - Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare - Deals and Alliances Profile