Fast Market Research recommends "Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/30/2015 -- The impending dual epidemic of communicable and non-communicable diseases in Kenya will create business opportunities for multinational drugmakers. Investment into physician and patient education and therefore addressing one of the barriers to high-quality care in an emerging economy such as Kenya - will work to indirectly create a sales channel for their medicines, in both the public and private sector. Furthermore, efforts to raise awareness of therapeutics and disease management will work to create patient and prescriber loyalty and build trust for therapeutics for the treatment of 'new' diseases.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: KES63.75bn (USD724mn) in 2014 to KES73.31bn (USD793mn) in 2015; 15.0% growth in local currency terms and 9.4% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: KES207.62bn (USD2.36bn) in 2014 to KES233.07bn (USD2.52bn) in 2015; 12.3% growth in local currency terms and 6.8% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In BMI's Q215 Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Risk/Reward Index (RRIs), Kenya is 19th in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region. A large counterfeit drug industry, poor healthcare funding, corruption, regulatory deficiencies and a number of other issues will conspire to keep Kenya in a low position in the MEA matrix. Nevertheless, in comparison with many other African markets, most of which are not surveyed by BMI, Kenya offers greater commercial promise and a more stable overall business environment.
Key Trends And Developments
In December 2014, Kenya-based Centum Investment announced that it is seeking to establish a partnership in the healthcare and education industries, as it aims for a 35% yearly return on shareholder funds. Discussions are in advanced stages with international healthcare operators to set up a medical services business in East Africa, according to Centum CEO James Mworia. The proposed venture forms part of the company's strategy to focus on eight areas it believes are vital for the...
The Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kenya pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's pharmaceutical and healthcare market forecasts for Kenya, to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Kenyan pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kenya.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors using our company profiles (including SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and competitive landscape tables.
BMI Industry View
An at-a-glance perspective on the latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The pharmaceuticals and healthcare SWOT outlines strategic factors that affect the basic assumptions underpinning BMI?s forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI?s political, economic and business environment SWOTs, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Industry forecasts to end-2019 for all key indicators, supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecasts:
- Healthcare: Total healthcare expenditure (USDbn), healthcare expenditure (% of GDP), healthcare expenditure per capita (USD), hospital beds, doctors, and birth & mortality rates (all per ?000 population).
- Pharmaceutical Market: Drug expenditure in USDbn, % of GDP and per capita (USD).
- Patented Drug Market: Prescription drug sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
- Generic Drug Market: Generic product sales (USDbn), generic sales (% of total sales).
- OTC Drug Market: OTC sales (USDbn & % of total sales).
- Macroeconomic Forecasts: Nominal and real GDP, % real GDP growth, % private consumption growth, % industrial output growth, % consumer price index, % GDP price deflator, exports, imports, trade balance, current account balance, foreign direct investment, exchange rate against USD, government expenditure and external debt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q2 2015
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Egypt Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015
- Vietnam Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2015