Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/21/2014 -- 'Kenya: Steady Growth Expected as Operator Dynamics Set to Change,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Kenya's mobile and fixed telecommunications markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Kenyan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband and mobile in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
- In 2013, Kenya was the 13th largest telecom services market in Africa & the Middle East, with estimated revenue of US$2.0bn or 4.5% of GDP, a 13.9% increase on the previous year. Mobile data was the most important growth driver, generating $149m more revenue in 2012 than in 2013.
- Pyramid Research expects to see overall service revenue grow at a 5.2% CAGR over the 2013-2018 period. The fixed/mobile revenue split is not expected to change significantly over the forecast period, with the share of fixed services remaining at around 5% of total revenue.
- Adoption of 3G technologies is at 16% of the mobile subscription base; we project this will grow as operators continue to expand their networks. Although there has been much talk about the rollout of LTE, so far none of the operators have been issued with a license.
- The total number of broadband access lines grew by 13.6% year-over-year to 88,400 in 2013, a result of the growth of fiber connectivity. We expect the number of broadband access lines to increase to 248,900 in 2018.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This Country Intelligence Report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2018. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Kenya's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Kenya in a regional context: a review of market size and trends compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Kenya.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- The service evolution: a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data between 2013 and 2018.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Kenya's telecommunications markets.
Reasons to Get This Report
- This Country Intelligence Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of Kenya's telecommunications market based on insights directly from the local market players.
- The report offers a wealth of data on the telecom markets, with the mobile and fixed segments examined in detail.
- The competitive landscape and the major players are given extra attention, enabling local players or prospective market entrants to gain the insight they need.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players to succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kenya.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The report concludes with an exploration of the opportunities available in the Kenya market to operators, vendors and investors.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Safaricom, Airtel, Airtel Kenya, yuMobile, Essar Group, Orange, Orange Kenya, Telkom Kenya
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistics and Forecasts
- Global Food and Beverage Survey 2013-2014 - Market Trends, Buyer Spend and Procurement Strategies in the Global Food and Beverage Industry
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Argentina to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Malaysia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Slovakia to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Peru to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Ukraine to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in the Netherlands to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in New Zealand to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape
- The Future of the Dairy Food Market in Hong Kong to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape