New Food research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/21/2014 -- We maintain a positive outlook for the Kuwaiti food and drink industry as rapid wage growth, easy access to consumer credit and supportive fiscal policies are expected to support household spending over 2014 and 2015. That said, the limited market size and already high per capita consumer spending on food and drink items will limit sales growth to relatively moderate figures.
Headline Industry Data (Local Currency)
- Total food consumption (local currency) growth (year-on-year, y-o-y) in 2014: +2.3%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +2.9%
- Per capita food consumption (local currency) growth (y-o-y) in 2014: -0.9%; CAGR to 2018: +0.2%
- Bottled water volume (litres) sales growth (year-on-year, y-o-y) in 2014: +4.2%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +4.05
- Total mass grocery retail (MGR) sales (local currency) growth (year-on-year, y-o-y) in 2014: +3.1%; compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2018: +3.3%
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Developments
BRF Set To Acquire 75% Stake In Alyasra's Frozen Foods Distribution Business : Brazilian poultry meats exporter and dairy products processor BRF has entered an agreement to acquire a 75% stake in Kuwait-based Alyasra Food's retail frozen foods distribution business for USD160mn. The move is part of the company's strategy to boost its brands and expand its distribution and product portfolio in the Middle East. After the acquisition, Alyasra will continue to operate as an independent entity and BRF will become the exclusive supplier to Alyasra for the products of its portfolio. The deal is subject to certain local laws and regulations of the State of Kuwait.
Kuwaiti Food Giant Americana For Sale: Reuters reported in April 2014 that the al-Kharafi family had instructed bankers (including Rothschild) to explore interest from potential buyers in purchasing the USD3.6bn Americana food group. Americana was founded in 1964 and has grown to become one of the Middle East and North Africa's key food producers....
The Kuwait Food & Drink Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for food and drink expenditure, consumption, sales, and imports/exports and forecasts for the mass grocery retail sector. The report also includes analyses of major regulatory developments, the background macroeconomic outlook and competitive landscape comparing national and multinational companies by leading products and services, sales, investments, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Kuwait Food & Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, business investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the food and drink industry and the mass grocery retail market in Kuwait.
- Benchmark BMI's independent food and drink industry forecasts for Kuwait to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kuwaiti food and drink market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Kuwait through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments.
- Exploit latest competitive intelligence on your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, and views, covering food and drink manufacturing and consumption and the retail market.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Food & Drink Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors, food and drink manufacturers and mass grocery retailers.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the food, drink and mass grocery retail sectors, and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
BMI's food chapter is divided into sections such as Meat, Fish, Confectionary, Dairy and Canned Foods, and provides insight into a market's food industry, centred on a forecast to end-2018 for the sector. The chapter includes the following elements:
Industry Forecast Scenario - Historical data series and forecasts to end-2018 for growth of key indicators within a market's food industry. Including consumption, food consumption as % of GDP, canned food sales, confectionery sales and food and drink imports and exports, among others.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Chile Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Germany Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Food & Drink Report Q4 2014
- Singapore Food & Drink Report Q4 2014