New Energy research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/20/2014 -- The Kuwaiti government's dominant role in the oil and gas sectors is still the main challenge to private investment, and by extension, greater efficiency in th e sectors. Kuwait's overwhelming dependence on oil and natural gas exports, which consistently invites government intervention, has and will continue to create a less competitive investment climate within the country. The government has managed to make measured strides in increasing production, but without more private sector investment, BMI expects that Kuwait will miss its 2020 target of 4mn b/d. On the natural gas front, Kuwait's modest reserves will eventually see it decline in production. This, in turn, will render imports more valuable to its overall domestic energy basket.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
We highlight the following trends and developments in Kuwait's oil and gas sector:
- Kuwaiti oil production for 2014 rose to 2.87mn barrels per day (b/d). Like other OPEC Members, Kuwait has taken advantage of a modest increase in global consumption patterns and the need for OPEC to fill the gaps left by the supply disruption in Libya and Iraq, mainly due to the current instability in those countries.
- We expect output to moderately increase in 2015 to 2.93mn b/d. Though...
The Kuwait Oil & Gas Report has been researched at source and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for Kuwait including major indicators for oil, gas and LNG, covering all major indicators including reserves, production, consumption, refining capacity, prices, export volumes and values. The report includes full analysis of industry trends and prospects, national and multinational companies and changes in the regulatory environment.
BMI's Kuwait Oil & Gas Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Kuwaiti oil and gas industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent oil and gas industry forecasts for Kuwait to test consensus views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Kuwaiti oil and gas market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Kuwaiti oil and gas sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Kuwait.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key forecasts and industry analysis, covering oil and gas reserves, supply, demand and refining, plus analysis of landmark company developments and key changes in the regulatory environment.
Regional perspective on size and value of industry sector; comparative rankings by production, refining, imports and exports of oil, gas and LNG.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Oil and Gas Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (independents, NOCs, IOCs and oil services companies) in the upstream and downstream markets.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Oil Market Outlook and Oil Products Outlook
Based on our country coverage of over 99% of global oil and gas production and consumption, BMI provides demand, supply and price forecasts to end-2018 for oil, gas and oil products
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
Pricing: Oil price (US$/bbl, WTI, Brent, OPEC basket, Urals); Oil products prices (unleaded gasoline, gasoil/diesel, jet/kerosene - US$/bbl) at global hubs
Production, Consumption, Capacity and Reserves: Proven oil reserves (bn barrels), production, consumption, refinery capacity and throughputs (`000b/d); Proven gas reserves (tcm), production and consumption (bcm)
Imports and Exports: Oil exports/imports (`000b/d), value of oil exports/imports (US$mn - BMI base case); Value of oil exports at constant US$50/bbl and constant US$100/bbl (US$mn); Gas exports/imports (bcm), Value of gas exports/imports (US$mn); Value of gas exports/imports at constant US$50/bbl and US$100/bbl (US$mn); Value of petroleum exports/imports (US$mn); Value of petroleum exports/imports at constant US$50/bbl and US$100/bbl (US$mn)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Rosneft Oil Company Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- ConocoPhillips Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Husky Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Enerplus Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Total S.A. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Apache Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Statoil ASA Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- BP p.l.c. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013