New Healthcare research report from Markets and Markets is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/19/2013 -- Laboratory automation is defined as the use of technology to streamline or substitute manual manipulation of equipment and processes. Laboratory automation offers technologies and engineering backing for state-of-the-art work flows in research, quality assurance, and diagnostics labs. Lab automation techniques are broadly finding applications in a majority of lab procedures - from simple capping and decapping of sample bottles to high throughput screening of test samples.
The global market was valued at $3.1 billion in 2012 and is poised to reach $4.2 billion by 2017 at a CAGR of 6.4%. The growth of the market is driven by miniaturization of the process, leading to reduction in overall costs, higher reproducibility and accuracy, increasing investments in biotechnology, large lab personnel demand and supply gap, and reduction in sample contamination risk. It is expected that the market will offer opportunities for lab automation solutions manufacturers with the introduction and adoption of upcoming technologies such as digital dispensing, semantic technology and merger of Lab-on-a-chip (LOC) technology with the systems. However, factors such as indefinite data interchange standards, economic slowdown, and lack of technology planning are hindering the growth of the market. To deal with the varying demand, vendors of lab automation equipment offer a range of products and services. However, configuring components that permits maximum flexibility is a challenge.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
North America accounted for the largest market share of the market, followed by Europe, in 2012. However, Asian, Pacific and Latin American countries represent emerging markets, owing to a rise in research outsourcing by pharmaceutical giants, rise in biotechnology sector investment, and growing industry demand for standardization and accreditation. The major players in the lab automation market are Tecan Group, Ltd. (Switzerland), PerkinElmer, Inc. (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. (U.S.), Danaher (U.S.), Agilent Technologies (U.S.), and Hamilton Robotics (U.S.).
Scope of the Report
This research report categorizes and analyzes the global lab automation market on the basis of equipment and software, applications, type of automation, and end users. These markets are further divided into segments and sub-segments, to provide exhaustive value market analysis for the years 2010, 2011, 2012, and forecast to 2017. Each market is comprehensively analyzed at a granular level by geography (North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of the World) to provide in-depth information on the global scenario.
Global Lab Automation Market, by Equipment and Software:
Automated Liquid Handling
Automated workstations (multi-purpose)
Others (Decappers/Recappers etc.)
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Science & Chemical Instrumentation Market (2011-2016) Global Trends, End User & Competitive Analysis
- World Sensors Market in Healthcare Applications (2012-2017), Global Forecast & Analysis - Segmentation by Type of Sensor, Monitoring, Therapeutic, Diagnostic, Drug Discovery & Delivery Applications, Geographical & Country-wise Markets
- Metabolomics (Biomarker Discovery/Metabolite Detection/Metabolite Profiling) Market By Applications and Indications - Forecasts from 2012 to 2017
- eClinical Solutions Market - [CTMS, CDMS, EDC, IVRS, ePRO & IRB Systems] Global Trends, Opportunities & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- Healthcare Cloud Computing Market - Global Trends, Challenges, Opportunities & Forecasts (2012 - 2017)
- In-Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) Market (Applications, End-Users & Types) - Trends & Global Forecasts (Major & Emerging Markets - G7, Japan & BRIC) (2011 - 2016)
- United States In Vitro Diagnostics Market Outlook to 2017 - Clinical Chemistry Genetic Testing, Haematology, Histology and Cytology, Immuno Chemistry, Infectious Immunology and Microbiology Culture
- Healthcare Analytics/Medical Analytics Market- Trends & Global Forecasts to 2017
- Molecular Diagnostics Market - (PCR, DNA Sequencing, Microarray, Transcription Mediated Amplification, Hybridization Technologies), (Infectious Diseases, Cancer/Oncology, Genetics, Blood Screening, Microbiology Applications) - Global Foreca
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) Systems - Global Pipeline Analysis, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecasts to 2017