Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 11/20/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Lantus (Type 2 Diabetes) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
Lantus (Type 2 Diabetes) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
The publisher has released its new report, Lantus (Type 2 Diabetes) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. The type 2 diabetes market is mature and crowded with inexpensive generics. Despite being marked by a late-stage pipeline filled with me-too drugs, this market will undergo substantial growth between 2012 and 2022, more than doubling over this period. The main drivers of growth will be the dramatic increase in disease prevalence and physicians efforts to delay disease progression and reduce the costly burden of diabetic complications through the use of combination therapies and novel branded drugs.
Lantus is long-acting basal insulin analog, developed by Sanofi and launched in 2000. Lantus consists of microcrystals that slowly release insulin, giving a long duration of action of 20 to 24 hours, which allows for daily injection. The injection is administered using syringes or specific pens including Lantus SoloStar, which is a pre-filled disposable pen, or the newer ClikStar, which is a reusable insulin pen.
- Overview of type 2 diabetes, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Lantus including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Lantus for the top ten countries from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, India and China.
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for type 2 diabetes
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Lantus performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Lantus from 2012-2022 in top ten countries (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK, Japan, Brazil, India and China)
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit