New Computer Technology market report from Markets and Markets: "Laser Technology Market by Types (Fiber Laser, CO2 Laser, Solid-state Laser, Excimer Laser, Dye Laser, Diode Laser) & Applications - Global Forecast and Analysis (2012 - 2017)"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/08/2012 -- Laser Technologies, Components & Applications Market - Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017) By Types (Fiber Laser, CO2 Laser, Solid State Laser, Excimer Laser, Dye Laser, Diode Laser) & By Applications (Cutting & Welding, Marking & Engraving, Semiconductor & Micro Processing, Automotive Industry, Communication, Excimer Lithography, Data Storage, Medical, Defense, Instrumentation & Sensors, Pumps & Image Recording)
"Laser" stands for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. In the early technical literature, especially at Bell Telephone Laboratories, the laser was called an optical maser; this term is now obsolete. A laser which produces light by itself is technically an optical oscillator rather than an optical amplifier as suggested by the acronym. It has been humorously noted that the acronym LOSER, for "light oscillation by stimulated emission of radiation", would have been more correct. With the widespread use of the original acronym as a common noun, actual optical amplifiers have come to be referred to as "laser amplifiers", notwithstanding the apparent redundancy in that designation.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Most of the mainstream laser categories were developed five decades ago but the commercialization started with CO2 lasers being used in most of the industrial applications. The new lasers like femtosecond and disc lasers operate on the conventional principles, but compete with previous forms of lasers in output power and efficiency. In spite of being very technical in terms of installation and usage, lasers continue to be part of cutting edge high end devices across verticals.
The report provides an exhaustive analysis of markets for all the types of lasers, such as fiber lasers, CO2 lasers, solid-state lasers, diode lasers, dye lasers, and excimer lasers. It includes detailed analysis of application segments and geographical split across the globe. The report's strategic section sketches the competitive scenario in the laser market. The prominent players in different segments of the laser technology market were recognized through secondary research and their market revenue was determined through primary and secondary research. The size of the overall market was derived by forecasting techniques based on the top-down and bottom-up approach, the study of the application areas, and the trend for various geographical regions.
Scope of the report
The Laser Technologies Market research report categorizes the global laser market on the basis of them being used in different products and exhaustive applications that includes industrial and consumer applications, and geographical analysis; forecasting revenue, market modeling, and evaluating trends in the market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Quantum Dots (QD) Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022)
- Pico Projectors Market to 2016 - Application in Portable Devices such as Smartphones, Digital Cameras and Laptops to Drive Growth
- Next Generation Biometric Technologies Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Head-up Display (HUD) Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Gallium Nitride (GaN) Semiconductor Devices (Discretes & ICs) Market, Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2022)
- Wireless Charging Market (2012 - 2017) Global Forecast & Analysis By Technology, Products, and Applications
- Global Large (Wide) Format Inkjet Printers Market Forecast by Width, Hardware, Media, & Ink (2011 - 2016)
- Radio Frequency Components (RFC) Market For Consumer Electronics - Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Energy Harvesting Market - Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)
- Home Security Solutions Market Global Forecast & Analysis (2012 - 2017)