Fast Market Research recommends "Latvia Telecommunications Report 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/21/2013 -- BMI View: The Latvian telecommunications market sits near the middle of BMI's regional risk/rewards ratings for a number of reasons. The country's mobile market is effectively saturated and cannot really sustain significant additional growth. Operators should be looking to mobile broadband and converged services to protect their investments, but consumer apathy and the weakened economy preclude a rapid turn-around. However, like neighbouring Lithuania, a concerted investment in mobile and fixed broadband could cushion the sector, providing a clear path for growth later in our five-year forecast period to 2017.
- Approximately 99,000 mobile subscribers were added in 9M12, with incumbent LMT and alternative player Tele2 jockeying for market leader position.
- Promoting their mobile broadband services enabled operators to stabilise their ARPUs in 9M12, but we expect the average for the year as a whole will be lower than in 2011.
- The broadband market is being driven by mobile broadband. Around 64% of broadband connections were mobile accesses at the end of 2011.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bahrain Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Hong Kong Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Switzerland Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Lithuania Telecommunications Report 2013
- Iran Telecommunications Report Q1 2013
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q1 2013