Warren, OH -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/26/2016 -- The winter of 2106 isn't setting any records yet, but one heavy snowfall can damage valuable trees and shrubs. Here are some tips to keep landscapes safe throughout the winter months:
1. If snow is heavily packed around trees and shrubs do not remove it – it is best to let the snow melt rather than to try to dig out the plants.
2. If broken limbs on shrubs, bushes and trees are present make clean cuts as soon as possible; this makes it harder for insects and disease to attack the already stressed foliage.
3. Remove fallen debris and limbs from healthy plants – this will also keep disease and insects away.
4. If salt or ice melt has been applied, flush the base of the plants with plenty of water. Salt draws water away from the roots of trees and grass – Evergreen trees are especially sensitive to salt so when weather and temperature is favorable, flush the roots with water.
5. Late winter is the best time to prune and shape ornamental trees and roses.
About Do-Cut Sales & Service
Do-Cut Sales & Service, Inc., is family owned and operated, and has proudly served the Mahoning Valley since 1947. Brands of power equipment supplies sold include: Toro, Husqvarna, Honda, Stihl, Little Wonder, Mantis, MTD, JRCO, Ryan, Brown, Bluebird, Trac-Vac, Trimmertrap, Jungle Jims, Velke and many, many more. Do-Cut Sales & Service is a trusted name in the outdoor power equipment industry.