New Consumer Goods market report from Business Insights: "Learning from Personal Care Product Innovation"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/11/2012 -- The personal care industry was worth over $460bn in 2010. But perhaps of greater interest to food and drinks manufacturers is the industry's ability to increase its value on an ongoing basis. This report examines crossover trends in product functionality and sensory qualities to outline future opportunity for food and drinks manufacturers.
Scope of this Report
- Be aware of the personal care trends that are most relevant for the food and drink sector and understand how these can add value and increase margins.
- Identify product examples that demonstrate the importance of multi-functionality.
- Identify product examples that demonstrate the importance of sensory benefits.
- Understand opportunities and applications of the sensory intelligence and multi-functionality trends.
- Recognize future product crossovers between the food and drink and personal care sectors.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
In a recent evaluation of new product claims/tags, 'upscale' was the most commonly occurring for new personal care products, whereas it is was the 13th most common for new food and drink products. The personal care industry is consistently employing methods to justify a premium positioning for its products.
Although the value of the global personal care market is approximately nine times smaller than that for food and drink overall, it is growing at a faster rate: Business Insights predicts overall growth from 2009-2015 to be 21.9% for all food and drink, and 25.3% for personal care.
Many new skin care/foundation type products are promoted on multifunctional applications and benefits. These may include moisturizing, sun protection, whitening, anti-wrinkle, and other features. Multi-functionality in many food products is exhibited in terms of benefits rather than specific applications or characteristics.
Reasons to Get this Report
- What are the key trends within the personal care market that offer opportunities to the food and drink sector?
- What food and drink product examples already exist that reflect the sensory intelligence and multi-functionality trends?
- What market opportunities exist in these trends?
- How can the food and drinks sector learn from the personal care industry's use of product innovation?
- Why is sensory intelligence so important to the future of food and drink product development?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Emerging Opportunities in the Indian Personal Care Industry
- Baby Personal Care Market in the Group of Eight (G8) Countries Market Overview and Forecasts to 2014
- Baby Personal Care Market in North America - Product Launch Quarterly
- Baby Personal Care Market in Asia Pacific - Product Launch Quarterly
- Baby Personal Care Market in the Advanced Emerging Markets (Brazil, Hungary, Mexico, Poland, South Africa and Taiwan) Market Overview and Forecasts to 2014
- Baby Personal Care Market in Latin America - Product Launch Quarterly
- Baby Personal Care Market in Eastern Europe - Product Launch Quarterly
- Baby Personal Care Market in Western Europe - Product Launch Quarterly
- Opportunities in Premium Personal Care: Trading Up Trends
- Baby Personal Care Market in the BRIC (Brazil,Russia, India, China) Countries Market Overview and Forecasts to 2014