New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/11/2014 -- BMI View: Lebanon benefits from a sizeable healthcare sector where the costs of health services and drug prices are generally high. The private sector accounts for about 90% of Lebanon's hospitals and pharmacies, driving the prescription of high-value pharmaceuticals. However, the government's commitment to cost containment measures continues as it announces further price reductions for an increasing selection of medicines, impacting overall market value. Tension between Lebanese political blocs concerning the ongoing civil war in Syria presents significant risks to both political and economic stability, contributing to factors which impede the market's potential.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals : LBP2,056.94bn (US$1.36bn) in 2013 to LBP2,190.07bn (US$1.46bn) in 2014; +6.5% in local currency and +7.3.% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q 2 2014 .
- Healthcare: LBP4,778.68bn (US$3.17bn) in 2013 to LBP5,251.39bn (US$3.51bn) in 2014; +9.9% in local currency and +10.7% US dollar terms. Forecast slightly higher from Q 2 2014 .
For Q3 2014, Lebanon's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score is calculated at 52.7 out of 100, ranking the country seventh in the Middle East and Africa matrix, one place above last quarter's eighth position.
Key Trends & Developments
The Lebanese Health Minister Wael Abu Faour has announced that prices for another batch of drugs will be reduced by an average of 17%, reports the Daily Star. In March the ministry reduced the prices of 629 medicines by 20%. The decision to reduce prices was approved by all the relevant ministries, including industry, finance, economy and the Shura Council. Abu Faour has warned pharmacies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and depots against breaching the decision or objecting to it.
Eisai EMEA has reported that Halaven (eribulin) is now commercially available in Lebanon as a treatment for women with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer...
The Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Lebanese pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Lebanon to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Lebanese pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Turkey Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Slovenia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Taiwan Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Puerto Rico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Hong Kong Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Germany Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q3 2014