New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/18/2014 -- Lebanon benefits from a sizeable healthcare sector where the costs of health services and drug prices are generally high. The private sector accounts for about 90% of Lebanon's hospitals and pharmacies, driving the prescription of high-value pharmaceuticals. However, the government's commitment to cost containment measures continues as it announces further price reductions for an increasing selection of medicines, impacting overall market value. Tension between Lebanese political blocs concerning the ongoing civil war in Syria presents significant risks to both political and economic stability, contributing to factors which impede the market's potential.
Headline Expenditure Projections:
- Pharmaceuticals : LBP2,056.94bn (US$1.36bn) in 2013 to LBP2,190.07bn (US$1.46bn) in 2014; +6.5% in local currency and +7.3.% in US dollar terms. Forecast broadly in line with Q 2 2014 .
- Healthcare: LBP4,778.68bn (US$3.17bn) in 2013 to LBP5,251.39bn (US$3.51bn) in 2014; +9.9% in local currency and +10.7% US dollar terms. Forecast slightly higher from Q 2 2014 .
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
For Q3 2014, Lebanon's Pharmaceutical Risk/Reward Rating (RRR) score is calculated at 52.7 out of 100, ranking the country seventh in the Middle East and Africa matrix, one place above last quarter's eighth position.
Key Trends & Developments:
The Lebanese Health Minister Wael Abu Faour has announced that prices for another batch of drugs will be reduced by an average of 17%, reports the Daily Star. In March the ministry reduced the prices of 629 medicines by 20%. The decision to reduce prices was approved by all the relevant ministries, including industry, finance, economy and the Shura Council. Abu Faour has warned pharmacies, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and depots against breaching the decision or objecting to it.
Eisai EMEA has reported that Halaven (eribulin) is now commercially available in Lebanon as a treatment for women with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer...
The Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s forecasts for drugs and healthcare expenditure and imports and exports, focusing on the growth outlook for the prescription, OTC, patented drugs and generics market segments.
BMI's Lebanon Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report provides industry professionals, strategists, company executives, investors, analysts and sales/marketing heads with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Lebanese pharmaceutical and healthcare industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent pharmaceutical and healthcare industry forecasts for Lebanon to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Lebanese pharmaceutical and healthcare market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Lebanese pharmaceutical and healthcare sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Lebanon.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity) and Competitive Landscape Tables.
BMI Industry View & Industry SWOT:
An at-a-glance perspective on latest regulatory developments, key forecast indicators and major corporate developments, covering the prescription, OTC and generics markets. The SWOT outlines strategic factors which affect BMI's forecast analysis, and taken together with BMI's political, economic and business environment SWOTS, it gives a complete overview of market climate.
Snapshot of key market characteristics, including total size of pharmaceuticals and healthcare segments, growth drivers, leading therapeutic areas and the competitive landscape.
Details of the industry regulatory framework and key legislation covering the licensing of new products/services, pricing and reimbursements, intellectual property, taxation and advertising, as well as an analysis of the overall regulatory burden.
Focus on government healthcare reforms, epidemiological trends, company M&As, product launches, market entries, FDI activity, R&D, biotechnology, clinical trials and supply chain issues.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Kenya Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Argentina Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Peru Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Canada Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Thailand Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014
- Singapore Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q4 2014