LEM Products Inc.

LEM Products Is Proud to Take Part in National Electrical Safety Month


Doylestown, PA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/03/2017 -- In honor of May being National Electrical Safety month, LEM Products, Inc., a Montgomeryville, PA-based supplier of reflective labels and other safety labels for various industries, wants everyone to be aware of the importance of following electrical safety precautions.

The Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) uses information from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, (BLS) the Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries (CFOI) and the Survey of Occupational Injuries (SOII) to gather data specifically targeting fatal and nonfatal occupational injuries involving electricity. Their findings show the following:

In 2015, there were 134 fatalities involving electricity that occurred in a workplace environment. (Accidents involving someone working on their own home on the weekends, for example, are not factored into those 134 deaths.) 2015 resumed the trend of reduced electrical deaths each year following 2014's increase over 2013.

Of all the fatal electrical accidents in 2015, 97% of them occurred in the private sector. The other 3% happened in the government sector. In 2015, 60% of all fatal electrical injuries occurred specifically within the construction industry. The 81 deaths in the construction industry are more than four times the number of deaths in the second-highest source, professional and business services.

Similar to the steady drop in fatal electrical injuries, there is also a significant decline in the number of annual nonfatal electrical injuries. However, in 2015 there was a massive increase in 2,480 injuries compared to 2014's 1,850 injuries.

One of the ways workplaces can help reduce electrical accidents in work zones is to shop with LEM Products, Inc. LEM Products can provide any workplace with electrical safety signs, as well as wire and voltage markers. All of their safety labels are designed to satisfy ANSI standards for safety labeling.

Interested parties looking to buy reflective decals for helmets or other safety labels should look no further than LEM Products, Inc. Visit their website at http://www.lemproductsinc.com/ or give them a call at 800-220-2400 today.

About LEM Products, Inc.
LEM Products, Inc. is an industry leader in the manufacturer of identification products that protect people by identifying potential hazards, provide instructional and facility/site safety information. Precision manufacturing, a dedication to customer satisfaction and a commitment to achieving corporate targets for growth and social investment set LEM apart in the industry.

LEM Products, Inc. is a WBENC certified company with the reputation as a leading safety identification supplier in North America and beyond. They are certified by the California Public Utilities Commission and the Pennsylvania Department of General Services. Business placed with LEM Products, Inc. qualifies for Federal and State Diversity Spend initiatives.

For over 49 years, LEM Products, Inc. has been providing wire marking, pipe marking, safety signage, lockout tags and other products to utilities, corporations, and manufacturers to mark facilities and products for OSHA/ANSI compliance and safety. Maureen O'Connor, CEO, has received numerous awards for her leadership, her commitment to diversity in the workplace and community involvement.

LEM has built a solid reputation, across industries as a dependable supplier of industrial products ranging from safety labels and safety signs to lockout tagout to custom tags and more.

For more information, please visit http://www.lemproductsinc.com/.