Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 04/17/2014 -- The life segment is the second-largest in the Bulgarian insurance industry, accounting for 15.2% of its gross written premium in 2012. Life insurance penetration decreased from 0.4% in 2008 to 0.3% in 2012 and is expected to remain at 0.3% in 2017. The gross written premium registered by the segment is expected to increase at a CAGR of 3.0%.
- The life segment is the second-largest in the Bulgarian insurance industry, accounting for 15.2% of its gross written premium in 2012.
- The tax rate is expected to make bank deposits less popular among Bulgarians and make some of them divert a proportion of their savings to life insurance products.
- Bulgarian life insurers are heavily dependent upon agencies, which accounted for 47% of the total new business gross written premium collected in 2012.
- The Bulgarian life insurance segment is concentrated, with the five leading life insurers together accounting for 67.4% of the segment's written premiums in 2012.
- As of 2012, 16 companies had licenses to conduct life insurance business."
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Bulgaria:
- It provides historical values for the Bulgarian life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Bulgarian life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Bulgaria.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Bulgaria for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Bulgaria and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Bulgaria and outlines the key regulations affecting them."
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in-depth historic and forecast market data related to the Bulgarian life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Bulgarian life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Bulgarian insurance industry and its impact on companies and the market's future"
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Allianz Bulgaria Life Insurance Company Ltd., Bulstrad Life Vienna Insurance Group, DZI Insurance, Uniqa Life, UBB-Alico Life Insurance Company, Grawe Bulgaria Life Insurance, Alico Bulgaria Life Insurance Company, Groupama Zhivotozastrahovane EAD, Syvzk, Generali Life Insurance AD
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017