New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Life Insurance in Kuwait, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 05/16/2014 -- Life insurance was the smallest segment in the Kuwaiti insurance industry in 2012, accounting for 19.3% of the industry's total written premium. The segment's value increased during the review period (2008-2012) at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% . It is expected to record a CAGR of 8.2% over the forecast period. Insurance brokers and agencies were the main channels of distribution for life insurance products in Kuwait in 2012, accounting for 48.0% and 39.6% of the new business written premium respectively. This growth can be attributed to an increase in awareness about life insurance, and rising disposable incomes.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Life insurance was the smallest segment in the Kuwaiti insurance industry in 2012, accounting for 19.3% of the industry's total written premium
- The growth was driven by rising consumer awareness of life insurance, and increases in the population and disposable income
- Low penetration provides a further opportunity for life insurers to access the untapped market
- The country has a strong pension system which poses a threat to private pension products in the life segment
- There are 34 companies in the country, of which 23 are national and 11 are foreign
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Kuwait:
- It provides historical values for the Kuwaiti life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and projected figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period.
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key categories in the Kuwaiti life insurance segment, along with market forecasts until 2017.
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions.
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Kuwait.
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Kuwait for the life insurance business.
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Kuwait and its growth prospects.
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Kuwait and outlines the key regulations affecting them.
Reasons to Get this Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Kuwaiti life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Kuwaiti life insurance segment
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the life insurance segment, along with the reinsurance segment
- Identify the growth opportunities and market dynamics within key product categories
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Gulf Life Insurance Company, Al Ahleia Insurance Company SAK, MetLife Alico Kuwait, Kuwait Insurance Company SAK, Warba Insurance Company, Enaya Insurance Company
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Canada, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017