New Insurance market report from Timetric: "Life Insurance in Portugal, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/09/2014 -- Weak economic environment and rising unemployment, on account of the financial crisis and the subsequent sovereign debt crisis, led to a decline in Portuguese life insurance product sales during the review period (2008-2012). Endowments and pensions were the largest categories in the segment, collectively accounting for 81.8% of the gross written premium in 2012. Economic recovery, an aging population and declining government benefits due to austerity measures are expected to encourage investments in long-term saving products over the forecast period (2012-2017).
- Portugal was ranked the 15th-largest life insurance segment in Europe in terms of gross written premium in 2011
- The Portuguese insurance industry is dominated by the life segment, which accounted for 66.1% of the gross written premiums in 2012
- The poor economic environment and high unemployment, on account of the financial crisis and sovereign debt crisis, led to a decline in the sale of life insurance products during the review period
- The segment contracted at a review-period CAGR of 9.5%, from EUR10.0 billion (US$14.7 billion) in 2008 to EUR6.7 billion (US$8.7 billion) in 2012
- Bancassurance was the preferred distribution channel in the segment
- The life segment is highly concentrated, with the 10 leading life insurers collectively accounting for 90.2% of the segment's written premiums in 2012
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the life insurance segment in Portugal:
- It provides historical values for the Portuguese life insurance segment for the report's 2008-2012 review period and forecast figures for the 2012-2017 forecast period
- It offers a detailed analysis of the key sub-segments in the Portuguese life insurance segment, along with forecasts until 2017
- It covers an exhaustive list of parameters, including written premium, incurred loss, loss ratio, commissions and expenses, combined ratio, frauds and crimes, total assets, total investment income and retentions
- It analyses the various distribution channels for life insurance products in Portugal
- Using Porter's industry-standard "Five Forces" analysis, it details the competitive landscape in Portugal for the life insurance business
- It provides a detailed analysis of the reinsurance segment in Portugal and its growth prospects
- It profiles the top life insurance companies in Portugal and outlines the key regulations affecting them
Reasons to Get This Report
- Make strategic business decisions using in depth historic and forecast market data related to the Portuguese life insurance segment and each category within it
- Understand the demand-side dynamics, key market trends and growth opportunities within the Portuguese life insurance segment
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Companhia de Seguros Fidelidade Mundial SA, BES-Vida Companhia de Seguros, SA, Ocidental - Companhia Portuguesa de Seguros de Vida SA, Santander Totta Seguros, Credito Agricola Vida - Companhia de Seguros SA, BPI Vida e Pensoes - Companhia de Seguros SA, Companhia de Seguros Allianz Portugal SA, Companhia de Seguros Acoreana, SA, Eurovida - Companhia de Seguros de Vida, SA, CNP Barclays Vida y Pensiones, Compania de Seguros, SA
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Insurance research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian life segment's written premium fell from EUR7.4 billion in 2008 to EUR6.5 billion in 2012.
- Life Insurance in Russia, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in Austria, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017: The Austrian non-life segments written premium value grew from EUR6.5 billion in 2008 to EUR7.1 billion in 2012.
- Personal Accident and Health Insurance in Thailand, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in China, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in India, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017
- Non-Life Insurance in South Africa, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017