Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/09/2014 -- PT Lion Mentari Airlines has become Indonesia's largest privately run airline, with a strong position in the domestic market. Following a decade of growth on par with Indonesia's general economic performance the company hopes that it can push into a premium position in the regional market. It has signaled its intent by signing Boeing's largest ever order in February 2013, worth $22.4bn.
Features and benefits
- Analysis of the Indonesian airline market and how Lion Air rose to prominence against its rivals.
- Evaluating the potential implications of Lion Air's entry into the wider regional Low cost carrier market.
Lion Air has grown from a single plane startup to a company with a fleet of over 100 airplanes in 12 years. It has exploited Indonesian market conditions and economic potential to grow to this stature. The group has three brands, and fervently keeps costs down, allowing the airline to succeed through price competitiveness.
Lion Air is eyeing potential overseas markets to further expand. The company is eyeing its South Asian neighbors as future destinations. The company has already established joint ventures in Malaysia and Thailand. Furthermore, the company has completed massive orders with The Boeing Company and Airbus.
Lion Air's rapid growth will inevitably propel it into contention with other regional players. Competition in other markets it is targeting are far from inert. International expansion must also not be advocated at the expense of the domestic market. Lion Air's titanic order of aircraft may also work against it if it cannot properly exploit growth.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- How has Lion Air grown to become the largest carrier by volume in Indonesia?
- What are Lion Air's future plans?
- What are the threats to Lion Air's current objectives?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Transportation research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Lion Air - Mentari Lion Airlines PT in Travel and Tourism (Indonesia)
- Global Airport Retailing 2013
- Automotive Air Filters Market by Vehicle Type (Passenger Car, Light & Heavy Commercial), by Filter Type (Intake & Cabin Air Filters), by Market Type (OE & Aftermarket), Two-Wheelers (OE & Aftermarket) & Geography - Global Trends & Forecast to 2018
- Commercial Aviation Crew Management Systems Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2012-2017)
- Air New Zealand Limited (AIR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Air France KLM : Transport and Logistics - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report
- ABX Air, Inc. - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Air France KLM (AF) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Alaska Air Group, Inc. : Transport and Logistics - Company Profile, SWOT and Financial Report
- Travel and Tourism in Indonesia to 2017