Need for Integrated Data and Rising Demand for Drug Development is Boosting the Lithium Ion Battery Market
Chicago, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 08/28/2017 -- Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are rechargeable batteries with high energy density and are mainly used in portable equipment. The market for these batteries is expected to witness a significant growth owing to their increasing use in smart phones, tablets/PCs, digital cameras, and power tools. Moreover, the demand for Li-ion batteries in the automobile industry is expected to increase with the increasing demand for electric vehicles. These batteries have gained popularity among the automobile manufacturers as they offer an alternative to nickel metal batteries used in electric vehicles, due to their small size and light weight. The lithium-ion battery industry is highly fragmented with the presence of large number of domestic players that occupy around 60% market share of the overall figure. Among the different market players present, Panasonic Corporation dominated last year. However, the market share of Panasonic Corporation is expected to decrease in the coming years due to the intensifying competition among prominent players to acquire major portion of the market.
Download Free Sample: https://www.scalarmarketresearch.com/request-sample.php?id=942
The report tracks the major market events including product launches, technological developments, mergers & acquisitions, and the innovative business strategies opted by key market players. Along with strategically analyzing the key micro markets, the report also focuses on industry-specific drivers, restraints, opportunities and challenges in the lithium ion battery market. The scope of this report covers the lithium ion battery market by its major segments, which include the types, applications, and the major geographic regions.
KEY PREMIUM INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
1. There are substantial elements that hold scope for the global lithium-ion battery market growth. At present, the market is in its nascent stage. However, its contribution to the global industrial scenario is estimated to increase significantly in the years to come. The high purchase price creates a major limitation for the consumers to adopt lithium battery into their devices or systems. Numerous players are stepping in the market with their innovative products.
2. Emerging technologies, such as flexible batteries and aluminum-ion batteries, are expected to increase the competition in the years to come. Improved shelf life coupled with longer discharge cycles will positively influence the lithium ion battery market size over forecast period. Stringent government regulations towards carbon footprint will further complement the business landscape.
3. Rising adoption of electric vehicles with favorable government initiatives including tax rebate and subsidies will boost the demand for lithium ion battery market share. Hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles are key application areas.
4. Easy availability on account of a well-established supply chain has led to wide adoption of secondary batteries in numerous applications including industrial batteries, inverters and consumer electronics. Abundant supply of raw materials at economical prices will help maintain the high production volume.
This report analyzes the lithium ion battery market by the following segments:
Lithium Ion Battery Market, by Type
1. Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt (LI-NMC)
2. Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP)
3. Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO)
4. Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO)
5. Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO)
6. Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminium Oxide (NCA)
Lithium Ion Battery Market, by Power Capacity
1. 0 to 3000mAh
2. 3000mAh to 10000mAh
3. 10000mAh to 60000mAh
4. More than 60000mAh
Lithium Ion Battery Market, by Industry
1. Aerospace and Defense
3. Consumer Electronics
About Scalar Market Research
Scalar Market Research Inc. aspires to assist organizations from around the world to achieve their business goal with premium market research reports and consulting services. Our real-time industry tracking with the help of advanced analytics offers a crystal clear view of all the activities in niche markets. Our team, with thorough global understanding, works relentlessly to gather the necessary market insights, including customer analysis, competitions and global forecast.
Find out more about our services at: www.scalarmarketresearch.com