Tam Training is a well established, London based safety training centre and recently they have extended their offer to include raining in Bristol and Manchester.
London, UK -- (SBWIRE) -- 06/13/2016 -- What is an SSSTS course?
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) is aimed at people working in the construction industry who have or are about to have some more supervisory responsibilities.
This qualification gives the supervisors more understanding of the issues relating to:
- Health and safety
- Law surrounding the industry.
One of the important issue the course focuses on is the importance of risk assessments, their design and control measures.
The courses are run from the training centre in London. This month the company has added more courses to their offer and now established training timetable in the following cities: Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol, Croydon, Milton Keynes and Birmingham
Who are the tutors?
The course is taught by experienced and very well qualified experts in health and safety. Apart from having qualifications in their respected fields, they also hold a minimum level 5 teaching qualification to make sure the training and delivered to the highest standard.
As cited on the TAM Training website the SSSTS course will help achieve the following skills:
- understand the problems of the industry
- understand how health and safety law is structured and how it applies to supervisors
- identify how their supervisory role fits in with the management structure in controlling site safely
- carry out risk assessments and understand the need for method statements
- carry out effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitor site activities effectively
- understand the importance of timely intervention when bad practice is identified
The courses can be reserved in person, by email or over the telephone.
All course participants must have a valid CSCS card.
For more information or to book the course visit: http://tamtraining.co.uk/