Naperville, IL -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/23/2013 -- Reportstack, provider of premium market research reports announces the addition of Luliconazole (Dermatophytic Onychomycosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022 market report to its offering
Luliconazole (Dermatophytic Onychomycosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022
The publisher has released its new PharmaPoint Drug Evaluation report, Luliconazole (Dermatophytic Onychomycosis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022. Dermatophytic onychomycosis (DO) is characterized as being a fungal infection of the nail. Infection can involve the nail unit (nail matrix, nail bed, or nail plate). DO isnt considered life-threatening, however can cause patients to experience discomfort, pain, and may cause physical and occupational limitations. DO patients can be identified as having thick or brittle nails along with discoloration (white and opaque). Physicians currently use direct microscopy and fungal culture tests to ensure correct diagnosis and treatment are achieved. Risk factors such as advanced age, pre-existing diabetes, or immunocompromised systems can increase the incidence of DO in patients. Current therapies consist of generics that offer substantial efficacy but sub-par safety profiles. A new wave of therapies is expected to offer topical options for patients who are unable to withstand existing generic options. These therapies are also expected to drive an increase in total drug treatment rates in the US market.
Luliconazole, a product of Topica Pharmaceuticals, is a topical imidazole-based antifungal therapy designed to treat infections caused by T. rubrum, T. mentagrophytes, and C. albicans. Luliconazoles broad-spectrum antifungal potential and its existing approval in markets like Japan make it a strong candidate to compete against the current generic systemic therapies and even newer pipeline candidates. Luliconazole has displayed high bioavailability with a minimum inhibitory concentration that is 4-1,000 times lower than that of the current standard of treatment for DO, terbinafine.
- Overview of Dermatophytic Onychomycosis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Luliconazole including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for Luliconazole for the US from 2012 to 2022.
- Sales information covered for the US
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Dermatophytic Onychomycosis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Luliconazole performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Luliconazole from 2012 to 2022 in the US
To view the table of contents for this market research report please visit