Fast Market Research recommends "Luxottica: Rise to power through extreme vertical diversification" from MarketLine, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 01/10/2014 -- Luxottica is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of fashion, luxury, sport and performance eyewear. The company started in 1961, as a small workshop, with only 14 employees. Today it is present in over 130 countries, designs and retails more than 80.0% of the world's major eyewear brands and claims that 500 million people around the world wear its products.
Features and benefits
- This case study examines Luxottica's pursuit of extreme integration strategy to build its incumbent position in the global eyewear market.
- This case study looks at the development of the global eyewear industry, its growth drivers and risks to consider.
- This case study analyzes the competition in the global eyewear market.
The global eyewear industry has suffered the consequences of the economic crisis, with many optical shops closing down during the last 4 years. However, in terms of revenue, the industry has now recovered and is expected to gain steady momentum in coming years.
Developed markets are the largest revenue contributors to the global eyeglasses industry due to the higher penetration of eyewear products in these geographies. Growth in the short to medium term period is expected to come from emerging markets of Asia-Pacific and Latin America.
Majority of Luxottica's operations are concentrated in North America and Europe but the company, through strategic acquisitions and organic growth is expanding into emerging markets. Strong brand portfolio makes Luxottica's products known all over the world and the company is determined to build its international leadership based on it.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Your key questions answered
- How is the global eyewear market developing? What are most lucrative segments? What are the growth drivers and risks to consider?
- Who are the main industry players? How did Luxottica build its dominant market position?
- What are the company's revenues, main brands and markets?
- How to build a vertically integrated business model?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Retailing research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Flexible AC Transmission System (FACTS) Market by Compensation (Shunt, Series, Combined), Component (Thyristors, Capacitor Banks, Reactors), Application, Industry Vertical (Electric Utilities, Steel, Mining), Global Forecast & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Middle East Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Market - Advancements, Business Models, Technology Roadmap & Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- Medical Power Supply Market by Technology (AC-DC & DC-DC Power Supply), Type (External, Enclosed, Configurable, Encapsulated) & Application (MRI, X-ray, CT, Ultrasound, EEG, ECG, Blood Pressure Monitor, Ventilator, PAP, VAD) - Forecasts to 2017
- Teleprotection Market - By Product Type (Teleprotection units, Communication Network Technology, Software, Services), Components (IED, Interface Device, SCADA), Applications (Power, Telecom) and Geography - Analysis & Forecast (2013 - 2018)