Santa Clara, CA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/10/2013 -- Lync is a popular communications system Microsoft sells to businesses. Lync is similar to Skype (also owned by Microsoft). Fisil released its own Lync app for Android, called “Wync for Lync” on Google Play . Wync has some advantages over Microsoft’s Android Lync app:
- VoIP on Lync 2010
- Same client works on both Lync 2010 and 2013
- Same core code is used on other operating systems:
> Fisil has Lync apps on iPhone , Linux , Mac, and Windows
- Wync can be customized for a corporate user quickly to match their network configuration, add features, etc.
Fisil’s Linux Lync app has chat, VoIP, video, file transfer, screen sharing and program sharing.
Millions of Lync users are still on Lync 2010, partly because migration to Lync 2013 server is a large project.
Thus there is a great need for Lync 2010 VoIP apps.
When users send requests, Fisil quickly works to use them to release an improved version.
Fisil is located in Santa Clara, California. As of July 24, it has 8 engineers working on Lync projects.
Microsoft Lync is an enterprise real-time communications server software, providing the infrastructure for enterprise instant messaging, presence, VoIP, ad hoc and structured conferences (audio, video and web conferencing) and PSTN connectivity through a third-party gateway or SIP trunk. These features are available within an organization, between organizations and with external users on the public internet or standard phones (on the PSTN as well as SIP trunking).
- Availability of contacts is based on Microsoft Outlook contacts stored in a Microsoft Exchange Server
- Contact lists can be retrieved from a local directory service, like Microsoft Exchange Server
- All communication between the clients is done through a Microsoft Lync Server. This makes communications more secure, as messages do not need to leave the corporate intranet, unlike Skype or other hosted services. The server can be set to relay messages to other instant messaging networks, avoiding installation of extra software at the client side.
- A number of client types are available for Microsoft Lync, including mobile clients.
- Uses SIP as the basis for its client communication protocol.
- Offers support for TLS and SRTP to encrypt and secure signaling and media traffic.
- Allows sharing files.
- Screen sharing and remote control
Santa Clara, CA