Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Malaysia Information Technology Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2014 -- The Malaysian IT market has a bright medium term outlook, due to a supportive economic environment and a government policy framework encouraging the development of the market . In the hardware market , strong growth in tablet s ales and a boost to traditional form factor sales from XP support withdrawal and cuts to Windows licensing fees will boost consumer and eEnterprise spending. Meanwhile, over the medium term vendor innovation based on Intel 's Haswell chips and Windows touch functionality will help vendors capitalis e on the strong consumption story in Malaysia. I n the enterprise market growth will be slightly slower, with corporate customers more hesitant as a result of ongoing global economic uncertainty. However , there will be some areas of strong growth , including security software and services, as well as outsourcing and cloud computing.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer Hardware Sales: MYR9.0bn in 2013 to MYR9.4bn in 2014, +4.7% in local currency terms. Tablet volume growth will continue to outperform, but the recovery in desktop and notebook sales will be a key driver of value growth.
- Software Sales: MYR3.5bn in 2013 to MYR3.9bn in 2014, +11.2% in local currency terms. OS upgrades following the withdrawal of official support for Windows XP will boost the growth rate above the trend, which is driven primarily by enterprise modernisation.
- IT Services Sales: MYR5.4bn in 2013 to MYR5.9bn in 2014, +10.8% in local currency terms. IT services is expected be the fastest growing segment of the market, with enterprise spending on outsourcing, cloud computing and security services driving demand growth.
Key Trends And Developments
The modernisation of public services in Malaysia offers continued opportunities for vendors in areas such as education, health and public service delivery. For instance, in August 2014 global virtualisation and cloud infrastructure vendor VMWare selected the deployment of a...
The Malaysia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Malaysia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Malaysia.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Malaysia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Malaysian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Malaysia's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Malaysia.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
Economy: Economic growth (%); nominal GDP (US$bn); unemployment (%); interest rates (%); exchange rate (against US$).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Slovenia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Information Technology Report Q4 2014