Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/16/2012 -- The increasing prevalence of asthma and launch of new therapies will boost the Chinese asthma market (Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities) from $331m in 2012 to $489m by 2021. A number of novel products will increase the product offering on the market, however, with only a fraction of the patient pool market receiving asthma treatment, considerable untapped patient potential will remain.
- Access Datamonitor's patient-based asthma market forecast for Chinese Tier 1 and Tier cities, with transparent methodology and clear assumptions.
- Explore the current and future market size of asthma in China and see how pipeline products will impact the market.
- Gain insight into asthma market dynamics in China, and see where untapped market potential remains.
- Understand which factors are driving growth in the Chinese asthma market, and what challenges marketed and pipeline products face.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Datamonitor forecasts the Chinese Tier 1 and Tier 2 asthma market to grow from $331m in 2012 to $489m by 2021. Despite this growth, the asthma market will reach only a fraction of its potential. Still, with a growing patient pool, unique market dynamics, and increasing treatment coverage, the asthma market in China is becoming more attractive.
Datamonitor expects that four new therapies will enter the Chinese market over 2012-21, including the first once-daily ICS/LABA combinations and biologic anti-asthmatics. While biologics are clinically attractive, their commercial potential will be held back by their relatively high price and limited patient pool.
Datamonitor estimates that in 2012 Seretide and Singulair topped the market with sales of $59m and $65m, respectively, together capturing 37% of the Chinese market (Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities). Datamonitor forecasts that Seretide will face competition from once-daily ICS/LABAs after 2015, but Singulair will maintain its market dominance.
Reasons to Get this Report
- How large is the current asthma market size in Chinese Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities and how is it expected to change over the next 10 years?
- What restrictions will novel therapies face upon launching in the Chinese asthma market?
- How will current market leaders be impacted by additional product launches?
- What role do Chinese regulations play in asthma market dynamics, and how does this impact product use?
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Pharmaceuticals research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Market and Product Forecasts: Disease Modification in Rheumatoid Arthritis - Novel therapies plus reformulations poised to enter the market
- Novel Therapies in Oncology - Protein Kinase Inhibitors, Monoclonal Antibodies and Vaccines Therapeutic Classes Dominate Late-Stage Pipeline
- Market and Product Forecasts: HER2-Negative/Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer - Patent expiries and novel drugs shape the market in the next decade
- Cytotoxic Therapies Market to 2017 - Launch of Next Generation Camptothecin Analogues Will Help Offset Revenue Loss due to Generic Erosion
- Market and Product Forecasts: Asthma - Premium products to offset loss to generics
- Product Profiles: Targeted Cancer Therapies - Patient selection driving novel drug approvals
- Market and Product Forecasts: HIV - Rising prevalence and novel STRs boost sales in the US and Europe
- Gout Therapeutics Market to 2017- Entry of Novel Therapies such as Krystexxa, Uloric, Adenuric and Colcrys to Drive Market
- R&D Trends: Asthma - Extensive investment in novel targets
- Respiratory Disorders Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Novel Pipeline Molecules such as VX-770 and pirfenidone May Offset Negative Effect of Patent Expiries