Albany, NY -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/13/2019 -- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2028
1. Approximately 14% of the population experiences chronic constipation.
2. The eight million people in the US seek medical care for constipation every year, and one million are hospitalized.
3. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation prevalence was higher in women and increased with age and lower socioeconomic status.
DelveInsight launched a new report on Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2028
1. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Chronic Idiopathic Constipation epidemiology and Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market in the 7 MM (United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
3. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market.
Request for sample pages
"Chronic Idiopathic Constipation is characterized by infrequent stools which are often difficult to pass. It typically affects women and older adults."
The dynamics of Chronic Idiopathic Constipation treatment paradigm has a major obstacle where the exact cause is still not known due to which it is not possible to determine definitive treatment for the indication. Although there are several approved drugs for CIC, there is still a need for developing targeted therapies.
The treatment options for CIC include Dietary Fiber, Laxatives, and Medications. The major difficulty faced by the patients suffering from chronic idiopathic constipation is lack of proper digestion which results in hardening of the stools. It is advised to intake large amounts of water to soften the stools along with modifications in the diet which is rich in fiber so that there is an improvement in the digestion. There are certain types of laxatives that are also available in the market, and are commonly prescribed by the physicians such as Bulking Laxatives, Osmotic Laxatives, and Stimulant Laxatives. Patients with CIC are commonly initiated on fiber supplementation as empiric therapy and combining fibers along with bulking laxatives such as psyllium husk, bran, etc., can provide short-term relief from constipation by increasing fluid levels within the large intestine. If bulking laxatives fail to provide supportive treatment then the next option is to opt for Osmotic Laxatives which include Polyethylene Glycol (PEG), lactulose and milk of magnesia, contain poorly absorbed molecules that draw water into the intestinal lumen, thus softening stool and increasing intestinal transit. Another type of laxatives include Stimulant Laxatives such as bisacodyl, sodium picosulfate, and senna, help relieve constipation by decreasing water absorption, stimulating intestinal motility directly, and releasing prostaglandins that may indirectly accelerate intestinal transit.
Overall, the global Chronic Idiopathic Constipation therapeutics market is further expected to increase by the major drivers such as rising prevalent population, technological advancements, and upcoming therapies in the forecast period [2019–2028].
The launch of the emerging therapies is expected to significantly impact Chronic Idiopathic Constipation treatment scenario in the upcoming years:-
And many others
The key players in Chronic Idiopathic Constipation market are:
2. Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
3. NGM Pharmaceuticals
And many others
Table of contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Market Overview at a Glance
3. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Disease Background and Overview
4. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Epidemiology and Patient Population (7MM)
5. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Country- Wise Epidemiology
5.1. United States
5.2. EU5 Countries
5.7. United Kingdom
6. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Treatments & Medical Practices
7. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Current Treatment
7.1. Motegrity: Takeda
7.2. Linzess: Allergan
7.3. Trulance: Synergy Pharmaceuticals
8. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Emerging Therapies
8.1. Key Cross Competition
8.2. Naronapride: Renexxion
8.3. DSP-6952: Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma
9. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Market Size
9.1. Key Findings
10. 7MM: Country-Wise Market Analysis
11. United States Market Size
12. EU5 Market Size
12.1. Germany Market Size
12.2. France Market Size
12.3. Italy Market Size
12.4. Spain Market Size
12.5. United Kingdom Market Size
13. Japan Market Size
14. Market Drivers
15. Market Barriers
16. Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Report Methodology
17. DelveInsight Capabilities
19. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a leading Business Consultant, and Market Research Firm focused exclusively on life sciences. It supports pharma companies by providing end to end comprehensive solutions to improve their performance.