New Financial Services research report from Timetric is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 12/24/2013 -- The increased use of mobile devices to manage day-to-day activities and the rise in the use of social media has encouraged a number of organizations to build business and product strategies around mobile platforms. Banking institutions and non-banking startups are increasingly targeting consumers with new mobile payment solutions, allowing consumers to transfer funds and make payments at any time and in any location. Technological developments, changing consumer preferences and an increase in competition among stakeholders in the payments value chain have been the key drivers in the development of new platforms. To promote mobile payment products and services, financial institutions and payment companies are adopting multiple strategies, focusing on mapping changes in consumer behavior, applying the relevant technology and capitalizing on new trends.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Focus has increased on the convenience and speed of payments. As a result, mobile payments have received significant attention in recent years. Mobile payments are basically driven by four types of models: bank oriented, mobile operator driven, new payment companies and collaborative approach. The collaborative model involves co-ordination among two or more lead parties of the other models and displays strongest growth potential over the next five years.
- Regions dominated by emerging economies, such as Asia-Pacific, Africa and Latin America, exhibit high growth potential for mobile payment solutions, although most of the payment solutions currently tend to stem from North America and Europe. Europe, however, is expected to lose some momentum over the next five years, while North America is forecast to continue to impress with new mobile payment solutions, primarily led by developments in the US. Countries such as Turkey are also highly innovative in terms of payment products and services, with consumers showing a readiness to experiment, as are parts of the Middle East, as regulation can be scattered and consumer demand pushes for new payment options.
- Social media has become a mainstream channel to target consumers. Mobile payment solution providers are developing processes to respond to social media-oriented consumers, and are using the channel to promote new schemes and loyalty programs, and to identify customer needs through feedback. Payment solution providers are offering discounts on products purchased through partner merchants. Product giveaways and the use of advertising via social networks have become commonplace.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Chirpify, Dwolla, The Home Depot Inc., Barclays, La Caixa, Bitcoin, Gemalto, iZettle, VeriFone, Facebook, Twitter, ASB Bank Limited, Foursquare, Citibank, MasterCard, Visa, Square, Intuit, mPowa, PayPal, Google, Amazon, Safaricom, ICICI, HDFC, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC), Telefonica, Starbucks
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Financial Services research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- 2020 Foresight Report: Best Practices in Managing the Credit Risk Cycle
- 2020 Foresight Report: Mobile Point of Sale Technology
- 2020 Foresight Report: Best Practices in Card Outsourcing
- 2020 Foresight Report: Branch Network Development in a Multi-Channel World
- 2020 Foresight Report: Retail Bank Loyalty Programs
- 2020 Foresight Report: Self-Service Branch Banking
- Mobile Money: Mobile Payments, Mobile Remittance, Mobile Banking & Mobile Commerce Market - Advanced Technologies, Value Chain, Worldwide Market Forecasts & Analysis (2013 - 2018)
- 2020 Foresight Report: The Role of the Domestic Payment Card Network
- 2020 Foresight Report: Maximizing Retail Banking Cost Efficiencies
- 2020 Foresight Report: Post Office Financial Services