New Energy market report from Business Monitor International: "Algeria Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/02/2014 -- We continue to anticipat e market growth within the petrochemicals sector , although we caution that plans to bring onstream new petrochemicals capacities that promise to transform the sector could be delayed. In 2014, the country is likely to see increased petrochemicals imports .
Our strong outlook for household consumption and fixed investment, combined with Algeria's limited manufacturing industry, means that we see the country increasingly dependent on finished petrochemical products. We expect Algeria's economy to see moderate growth in the coming quarters, underpinned by robust consumer spending and public investment activity. However, difficulties in expanding hydrocarbon exports, combined with high and rising imports mean that we see real net exports weighing on headline growth for the first time in decades. We forecast real GDP growth of 3.2%% this year and 3.4% in 2015, from an estimated 2.9% in 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- Algeria's slow movement towards shale gas exploration has seen other global unconventional plays gain greater investment interest. At the end of May 2014, the Algerian cabinet approved plans to move forward with exploration of the country's shale gas resources. Development of Algeria's shale resources would offer large upside to the country's long-term gas production outlook as well as providing a solid basis for petrochemicals expansion and improved competitiveness.
- While the domestic market will absorb some of the rise in output that is due to come from new plants, the successful expansion of the sector is predicated on growth in the European market, which has remained in the doldrums. New capacity will still be rudimentary by contemporary standards and will lack sufficient processing capacity, leaving the country dependent on imports of semi-finished and finished plastic products.
- Algeria has retained its ninth place in BMI's Middle East and Africa Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Ratings (RRRs) matrix, even though its score has...
The Algeria Petrochemicals Report has been researched at source, and features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts for key petrochemicals sub-sectors. The report also analyses the impact of regulatory changes, recent developments and the background macroeconomic outlook and features competitive landscapes comparing companies by products and services, sales, market share, investments, projects, partners and expansion strategies.
BMI's Algeria Petrochemicals Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Algerian petrochemicals industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent petrochemicals industry forecasts to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Algerian petrochemicals market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Algerian petrochemicals sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Algeria.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis, covering petrochemicals markets, regulatory changes, major investments, projects and company developments.
Structure, size and value of the industry sector; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments.
Business Environment Rankings:
BMI's Petrochemicals Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (both corporate and financial) in the regional petrochemicals market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data points and is part of BMI's integrated Country Risk-Industry Rankings products.
Industry Trends & Developments:
Evaluation of company and sector-wide developments, including key projects (as well as expansion plans), latest company financial details and proposed international ventures.
BMI Industry Forecasts:
Historic data series (2009-2012) and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry and economic indicators supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key risks to the main forecasts. Indicators include:
Energy: Oil production (`000 b/d), oil consumption (`000 b/d), net oil exports (`000 b/d), gas production (bcm), gas consumption (bcm), net gas exports (bcm), oil refinery capacity (`000 b/d).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Arab Emirates Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Romania Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Israel Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Kuwait Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Qatar Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- South Africa Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Iran Petrochemicals Report Q4 2014
- Exxon Mobil Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013
- Royal Dutch Shell plc Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2013