New Construction market report from Business Monitor International: "Argentina Infrastructure Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/05/2014 -- We are maintaining our construction industry forecast for Argentina in 2014 at 1.5% real growth and we anticipate an average of 3.3% real growth in the industry over the next five years. Growth will be driven by energy and transport infrastructure projects - sectors which have struggled due to severe underinvestment in recent decades. We highlight risks to our forecast lie to the downside as the country continues to struggle with fundamental policy and regulatory constraints, which prevent the market from fulfilling its true potential.
Key Trends And Developments:
- Our Country Risk team forecasts that Argentina's economy will slow in 2014, with real GDP growth falling to 0.4% from an estimated 3% in 2013, as currency devaluation pushes inflation higher, weighing on consumer and government spending. Despite government efforts to halt the rapid price growth, our country risk team estimates that consumer price inflation will average 30.0% year-on-year (y-o-y) in 2014.
- Argentina's largely dollarised real estate sector has suffered severely from the scarcity of dollars derived from the government's exchange controls. High inflation and a slowing economy have been hitting the sector hard and have fed through to a sharp slowdown in the construction of new homes.
- Argentina's power grid is overburdened and in need of upgrading. A blackout in Buenos Aires and its suburbs at the end of 2013 drove the country's power network into the limelight and prompted the government to announce plans to spend an estimated USD593mn on improving the power grid network.
- Small steps towards reforming Argentina's hydrocarbons sector are being met with enthusiasm by international firms, resulting in a number of investment agreements. The signing of the USD1.2bn investment agreement with US Chevron, involving a relatively modest sum, could serve as an inflection point for the country, paving the way for further foreign involvement in the Argentine upstream sector.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Argentina Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Argentina Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Argentinian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Argentina to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Argentinian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Argentinian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Argentina.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View:
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview:
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings:
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Romania Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Infrastructure Report Q3 2014
- Global Military Infrastructure and Logistics Market 2014-2024
- Brazil Tourism Report Q4 2014
- Mega Data Center Market - Global Forecasts & Analysis (2014-2019)