New Consumer Goods market report from Euromonitor International: "Bath and Shower in Portugal"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/03/2014 -- As the majority of bath and shower products are considered to be basic necessities, bath and shower succeeded to achieve a moderate growth in current value and volume terms in Portugal during 2013. Demand for products such as body wash/shower gel, which account for the bulk of overall bath and shower sales, did not suffer as many other less essential beauty and personal care products did, such as bath additives. Some consumers shifted towards cheaper products in the category over the course of the year due to the on-going economic difficulties and reduced disposable income. The overall positive performance of bath and shower in 2013 represented however an improvement over the slowdown registered in the category during 2011 and 2012, when Portugal saw a spike in unemployment and the uncertainty surrounding the Portuguese government?s austerity policies shaped demand patterns.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Bath and shower in Portugal remained dominated by two prominent multinationals at the end of the review period, Unilever Jer?nimo Martins and Colgate-Palmolive Portuguesa. These two companies combined accounted for a 30% share of retail value sales in bath and shower in Portugal in 2013, offering very wide brand portfolios which target various different consumer groups.
Bath and shower is expected to increase by a value CAGR of 2% at constant 2013 prices over the forecast period. As the influence of the economic recession is expected to remain crucial during the first half of the forecast period, price will continue to be the main factor driving the purchasing decision throughout the forecast period. With high unemployment, declining consumer confidence and falling disposable incomes, it is likely that many Portuguese consumers will look for the most affordable products in bath and shower as a way of reducing their expenditure over the forecast period. As such, strong price competition is expected to emerge in bath and shower categories such as liquid soap and body wash/shower gel, supporting volume sales but compromising value growth.
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Bath and Shower industry in Portugal with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Bath and Shower industry in Portugal, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Bath and Shower in Portugal market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Bath and Shower in Portugal?
- What are the major brands in Portugal?
- How are sales of private label products evolving?
- What is the importance of intimate washes in the overall category context?
Reasons to Get this Report:
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: Bar Soap, Bath Additives, Body Wash/Shower Gel, Intimate Hygiene, Liquid Soap, Talcum Powder.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Mexico to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Peru to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in the United States to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Sweden to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Egypt to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Germany to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Indonesia to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Czech Republic to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Romania to 2017
- Bath and Shower Products Market in Bulgaria to 2017