Fast Market Research recommends "Belgium Telecommunications Report Q4 2013" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/09/2013 -- The most recent operator data for Q113 show that the new Telecoms Law had an immediate impact, allowing many mobile subscribers to change service provider part-way through an existing contract. Churn rates rose appreciably and operators took the opportunity to eliminate inactive SIMs from their records, giving them a better insight into growth opportunities. Meanwhile, multiplay product bundles appear to be the order of the day, with operators such as Belgacom/Proximus, Mobistar and Telenet keen to enable subscribers to access their complete product ranges anytime, anywhere. This should boost mobile data revenues further and justify the considerable expense of building next-generation networks.
- The mobile market continued to contract in terms of subscriptions in Q113, with the loss of 126,000 subscriptions as penetration fell to 112.6%.
- ARPU rates also declined, with the medium-term trend of declines exacerbated by the cut to mobile termination rates in January 2013, resulting in steeper declines.
- Meanwhile, M2M usage continues to grow rapidly, based on data provided by Mobistar, which showed 27% y-o-y subscription growth to the end of March 2013.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Trends & Developments
In H113 it was announced that the Belgian market was set to lose one converged service provider - but gain a new provider. Mobistar announced in May 2013 it was suspending sales of its internet, fixed telephony and TV services to the residential market on May 22, blaming a hostile regulatory regime. Mobistar will offer its services to its current residential customers until September, when services will end. Due to a fixed, closed market, Mobistar said there was a lack of competition and so cannot offer its fixed services to customers.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Telecommunications Report Q4 2013
- China Telecommunications Corporation Limited - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- InterOil Exploration & Production ASA Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- Total S.A. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- Hess Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- OAO Novatek Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q4, 2012
- Talisman Energy Inc. Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013
- Singapore Telecommunications Limited (SingTel) - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- The Emirates Telecommunications Corporation Group - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report
- Anadarko Petroleum Corporation Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q1, 2013