Fast Market Research recommends "Brazil Information Technology Report Q3 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/14/2014 -- We forecast a slight slowdown in IT market growth in Brazil in 2014 as a result of a weaker economic environment, however the growth outlook remains robust over the medium term. The Brazilian IT market is the largest in Latin America and driven by a growing middle-class population and enterprise modernisation . We have a positive outlook for retail hardware spending, with first-time buyer and upgrade/replacement opportunities in the PC market, strong demand for tablets (including procurements for education), enterprise and government modernisation and falling costs of equipment. The market will not be defined by catch - up growth, as Brazil is also developing as a regional hub for emerging technologies , including machine-to-machine communications, Big Data and cloud computing.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Computer hardware sales: BRL50.5bn in 2013 to BRL54.1bn in 2014; up 7.1%. Desktop shipments are in decline but we expect growing demand for notebooks and tablets.
- Software sales: BRL20,40bn in 2013 to BRL22,23bn in 2014; up 9.0%. Company modernisation initiatives to improve competitiveness and lay the foundations for expansion are driving investments in IT, primarily in ERP applications.
- IT services sales: BRL32,15bn in 2013 to BRL35,41bn in 2014, up 9.7%. We expect demand for cloud computing to be the leading driver of sales growth while the nascent machine-to-machine communications market shows signs of taking off, particularly in utilities and e-health verticals.
Key Trends And Developments
The scale of the opportunity in Brazil continues to attract major investments from leading global IT vendors. For instance, in June 2014 Microsoft activated a data centre in Brazil, making it one of the eleven regions in the world that is equipped with local infrastructure for the company's cloud computing platform Azure. Meanwhile, EMC is building an R&D centre that will be largely focused on providing big data analytics to the oil & gas...
The Brazil Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Brazil Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Brazil.
- Benchmark BMI's independent IT Industry forecasts for Brazil to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Brazilian IT market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in Brazil's IT sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes, and major deals, projects and investments in Brazil.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering IT, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant national and multinational company developments.
Cross-border analysis of regional markets, commenting on IT penetration (PC and internet) and market growth drivers (IT market size and IT market compound growth).
Country Market Overview
Structure, size and value of the industry sectors including hardware, software and services; overview of the industry landscape and key players; assessment of the business operating environment and the latest regulatory developments and government authority.
BMI Industry Forecasts
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below), supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast, including:
IT Sector: IT industry value (US$bn); IT sector contribution to GDP (%); value of hardware, software and services industry (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software imports and exports (US$mn); PC, peripherals and software sales (US$mn); number of PCs (`000); PCs/100 inhabitants; internet users (`000); internet users per 100 inhabitants; broadband subscribers (`000); broadband subscribers per 100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Computer Technology research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Australia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- South Africa Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Philippines Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Singapore Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Egypt Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q3 2014