Fast Market Research recommends "Cameroon Agribusiness Report Q3 2012" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/07/2012 -- BMI View: 2011/12 is set to be a good year for the Cameroonian agriculture sector, with most commodities expected to show production growth. The notable exceptions to this trend are cocoa, as this year's harvest having been hit by pests and inclement weather, and corn, which is still recovering from a collapse in production in 2011. All commodities are expected to grow through to 2016, with coffee the standout performer. Cameroon's cocoa and coffee industries are both benefiting from increased investment, improved industry fundamentals and better macroeconomic conditions. The government is espected to continue its drive to keep corn imports down by focusing on increasing output. Demand growth for agriculture commodities will be supported by an economy that is forecast to expand at an average annual rate of 4.4% to 2016, on the back of a well-established food and drinks sector and a positive consumer outlook.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Industry Forecasts
- Corn production growth to 2016: 45.2% to 1.66mn tonnes. Domestic production will just about manage to keep pace with demand.
- Coffee production growth to 2015/16: 74% to 1.06mn 60kg bags. Production will recover from 2011's slump and the sector will benefit from investment in pesticides, fertilizers and infrastructure.
- Cocoa production growth to 2015/16: 6.5% to 245,000 tonnes. Government and private sector investment will improve yields and quality leading to increased exports.
- Sugar consumption growth to 2015/16: 32.4% to 278,000 tonnes. Steadily rising GDP and a fast expanding food and drink sector will support strong growth.
Key Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Cameroon's real GDP growth 2012: 4.3% (up from 3.7% in 2011; forecast to grow at an average 4.4% between 2011 and 2016).
- Cameroon's consumer price inflation 2012: 2.5% (same as in 2011; forecast to grow at an average 2.7% between 2011 and 2016).
- Cameroon's unemployment rate 2012: 7.6%.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- France Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- South Africa Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Ukraine Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Russia Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Pakistan Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Romania Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Algeria Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Brazil Agribusiness Report Q3 2012
- Egypt Agribusiness Report Q3 2012