New Construction market report from Business Monitor International: "Cameroon Infrastructure Report Q4 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/15/2014 -- Cameroon's construction sector will record strong growth over the next five years, supported by progress on major power and transport infrastructure projects. We anticipate annual average construction sector growth of 10.2% between 2014 and 2018. Progress is also being made in the business environment, with the successful implementation and expansion of the country's PPP programme.
We expect progress on a number of large projects to drive strong growth in Cameroon's construction sector.
- In July, French major EDF signed an agreement with the Cameroon government to develop a 360MW hydropower plant located at Nachtigal Falls on the Sanaga River. Construction is expected to start in early 2015 and cost USD814mn. EDF is providing 40% of the funds, with the remainder coming from the International Finance Corporation (with 34%) and the Cameroon government (26%).
- In June 2014, Portugal's Mota-Engil was awarded a contract for construction of the rail and port infrastructure associated with the Mbalam mine project. Estimated to cost USD3.5bn, construction will take three and a half years. Financial close is yet to take place, raising some risks over the project, especially considering previous funding concerns for the major iron ore mine project. Financing is hoped to be secured by mid-2015, with Standard Bank having been appointed to assist with fundraising.
- In June 2014 UK energy company Joule Africa signed a Memorandum of Understanding to develop a 100MW solar power plant. The project is due to be completed in 2015 and commissioned in 2017. Joule is already active in Cameroon through the 850MW Katsina Ala River hydropower plant. In August 2013, authorisation was given to construction of the project. A full feasibility covering the financial and engineering side of the project was carried out by Lahmeyer International over a 12-month period. The first phase will see the construction of a 450MW unit, with an estimated cost of USD1bn. The project...
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The Cameroon Infrastructure Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and forecasts covering public procurement and spending on all major infrastructure and construction projects, including transportation and logistics by land, sea and air; power plants and utilities, and commercial construction and property development. The report analyses the impact of regulatory changes and the macroeconomic outlook and features competitive intelligence on contractors and suppliers.
BMI's Cameroon Infrastructure Report provides industry professionals and strategists, sector analysts, investors, trade associations and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the Cameroonian infrastructure and construction industry.
- Benchmark BMI's independent infrastructure industry forecasts for Cameroon to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and planning in the Cameroonian infrastructure market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in the Cameroonian infrastructure sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Cameroon.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts, views and trend analysis covering infrastructure and construction, regulatory changes, major investments and projects and significant multinational and national company developments.
These are broken down into Construction (social, commercial and residential), Transport (roads, railways, ports, airports etc), and Energy & Utilities (powerplants, renewable projects, pipelines and so on).
Analysis of latest projects across the infrastructure sector (covering the transport, utilities and commercial construction sub-sectors) - including:
Market Overview:Analysis of the key elements driving developments, including evaluations of current capacity and future requirements.
Building Materials Overview
The building materials overview provides industry trend analysis on the global and regional demands for building materials and the impact of this on the emerging and developed markets.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Infrastructure Business Environment Rankings provide a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (construction companies, suppliers and partners) in the regional infrastructure market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of over 40 industry, economic and demographic data point.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 800-844-8156
Browse all Construction research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Singapore Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Canada Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Australia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Vietnam Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Poland Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- Saudi Arabia Infrastructure Report Q4 2014
- South Korea Infrastructure Report Q4 2014