New Energy research report from GlobalData is now available from Fast Market Research
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/24/2013 -- Overproduction from intermittent sources such as wind is causing an electricity oversupply into the power grid system in regions where wind installed capacity contributes significantly to the electricity generation mix. Federal and state policies support renewable power, with the highest priority for both access to the grid and avoiding curtailment. However, some cases arise in practical operations when renewable power needs to be curtailed, to avoid a grid collapse. The amount of wind curtailment will likely witness a rise in the near future, as more wind generation capacity is added. Curtailed wind-generated electricity may receive compensation, and this varies by jurisdiction and the exact reason for curtailment.
- The report covers the case of electricty oversupply due to intermitent source like wind and its handling in the US and Canada.
- A case of similar issue and handling in Germay and Spain is also given.
- An open case study of Bonneville Power Administration is also included in this.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Reasons to Get This Report
This report provides insight on -
- Seasonal electricty oversupply caused by wind in the US and Canada and its teratment
- How and why wind has a prioity access to grid, but still curtailed
- Oversupply causing negative prices
- A case study of Bonneville Power Administration(BPA), where BPA has a stand and renewable policy advocate accuse a foul play
- International practices covering germay and Spain
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Energy research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- NTPC Limited - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- Asian Development Bank - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Xcel Energy Inc. - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- CLP Holdings Limited - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- AGL Energy Limited - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- NextEra Energy Resources, LLC - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Cost of Power Generation - Renewables Compete with Conventional Alternatives as the Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE) is driven down by Technological Developments and Mass Deployments
- Energias de Portugal SA - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2012 Update
- EDF Energies Nouvelles SA (8001) - Clean Technology - Deals and Alliances Profile