Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 07/16/2012 -- Even though its population falls short of the 18mn mark, Chile leapfrogged Brazil to top our Latin America Risk/Reward Ratings matrix for Q312. Despite some economic growth uncertainties posed by slower growth in its main export partners, Chile's positive short- to medium-term consumer demand story remains in play. However, the country's modest youth population component and the maturing food and drink market indicate challenges ahead which are expected to moderate its annual growth rates.
Headline Industry Data (local currency)
- 2012 per capita food consumption value = +5.6%; forecast compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to 2016 = +5.7%
- 2012 alcoholic drinks value sales = +7.0%; forecast CAGR to 2016 = +6.2%
- 2012 soft drinks value sales = +9.6% ; forecast CAGR to 2016 = +7.6%
- 2012 mass grocery retail value sales = +5.6%; forecast CAGR to 2016 = +5.7%
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Key Company Trends
Nestle Expanding Chilean Dairy Operations: Despite not being able to merge its operations with New Zealand-based dairy giant Fonterra's subsidiary in Chile due to local opposition, Swiss food and beverage giant Nestle remains committed to further investment in the country. The company is reportedly planning to spend CHF127mn (US$138mn) on a dairy facility, which will manufacture a variety of milk products as well as nutritionally fortified ingredients, which will be sold both domestically and exported.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff will help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Food research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Croatia Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Kuwait Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Spain Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Greece Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- United Arab Emirates Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Australia Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Mexico Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Bahrain Food & Drink Report Q3 2012
- Indonesia Food & Drink Report Q3 2012