New Healthcare market report from Business Monitor International: "Chile Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014"
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 02/18/2014 -- The economic downturn and limited domestic market growth have forced Chilean drugmakers to seek better returns abroad. Chile's regional leading business environment has ensured local companies enjoy favourable external financing resources to support their international expansions. Chile's open economy, efficient legal framework, business-friendly environment and local drugmakers' strong regional presence have also attracted foreign pharmaceutical companies to invest in its local drugmakers to capitalise on the strong growth in the Latin American pharmaceutical market. We believe that Chilean companies will continue to be active in M&A both at home and abroad.
Headline Expenditure Projections
- Pharmaceuticals: CLP1,605bn (US$3.3bn) in 2012 to CLP1,724bn (US$3.5bn) in 2013; +7.4% in local currency terms and +5.1% in US dollar terms.
- Healthcare: CLP9,825bn (US$20.2bn) in 2012 to CLP10,633bn (US$21.4bn) in 2013; +8.2% in local currency terms and +5.9% in US dollar terms.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Risk/Reward Rating: Chile's RRR score for Q114 stands at 54.3 out of 100, with the company ranked eighth out of the 18 markets in the Americas matrix. This figure is reduced from Q413, due to demographic data changes. We recently re-weighted the RRR components to improve the tool, and adjusted scores for all markets in the Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare reports. BMI's proprietary system ranks pharmaceutical markets according to their attractiveness to multinational drugmakers.
Key Trends And Developments
- In September 2013, the Chilean Economic Development Agency (CORFO) chose US-based multinational pharmaceutical company Pfizer, together with GDF Suez, Emerson and Telefonica from the energy, technology and telecommunication sectors respectively, to give support through its InnovaChile programme ('Start-up' Chile). CORFO is planning to invest US$25mn in three years' time to facilitate these multinational companies in building research centres in Chile.
- In September 2013, Grunenthal, the Germany-based, family-owned pharmaceutical company, reached certain agreements with two major shareholders of Laboratorios Andromaco, a Chilean drugmaker, to launch a public tender offer for all outstanding shares of Andromaco in H213. Grunenthal intends to pay CLP330 (US$0.65) per share for Andromaco.
- In August 2013, Chile's House of Pharmaceutical Innovation (CIF) criticised seven laboratories in Chile, which issue their own medicine bioequivalence certifications.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Healthcare research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Malaysia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Russia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Sweden Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Saudi Arabia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Estonia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Qatar Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Bulgaria Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Czech Republic Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- United Arab Emirates Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
- Serbia Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare Report Q1 2014
Copyright © 2005-2014 - SBWire, The Small Business Newswire - All Rights Reserved - Important Disclaimer
Contact Us: 888-4-SBWIRE (US) - 920-593-5640 (International)