Fast Market Research recommends "China Telecommunications Report Q4 2014" from Business Monitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 09/18/2014 -- The Chinese telecommunications industry is the biggest in the world in terms of size and growth potential, with its 1.27bn mobile subscriptions translating to a penetration rate of only 90.8%. There are substantial growth opportunities in rural regions, where markets are still untapped, and the arrival of MVNO operators in Q214 should catalyse competition for these lower value subscribers. In 2014, the key growth drivers for the Chinese mobile sector are expected to come from mobile VAS and 4G services. The Chinese government pledged to support develop ment of China's e-commerce sector and the introduction of 4G services . 2014 should mark the transition into a high - speed mobile era , which should drive mobile VAS . The 'Broadband China' strategy roadmap , unveiled in 2013 , should also boost broadband coverage and speed in urban and rural regions . There is however , downside to this bullish outlook due to the heavy investment burden in the telecoms industry, a capability that could weaken if the broader economy deteriorates.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
- The latest data from operators show the mobile market continued to expand in H114, with total subscriptions increasing to 1.267bn at Q214.
- The decline in fixed-line subscriptions accelerated in the first half of 2014, with the total number falling 5.4% y-o-y to a low of 258mn at Q214.
- Fixed broadband still has strong growth momentum, with total subscriptions up 9.4% y-o-y in H214 to 197.9mn at Q214.
Key Trends And Developments
Regulatory developments were of great significance for the mobile market occurred in late 2013 and early 2014. The licensing of MVNOs took place in December 2013 and January 2014, a development BMI expects to catalyse subscription growth as new players target underserved rural and low income consumer groups. MVNO licences were awarded to 19 operators, including Suzhou Snail Digital Technology, Love Strickland, Changjian Times Communications, 35 Internet, Telling and...
The China Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of China's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's China Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in China.
- Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for China to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Chinese telecoms market.
- Target business opportunities and risks in China's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in China.
- Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
Summary of BMI's key industry forecasts and views, covering the ICT, fixed-line, mobile (including 3G), internet and broadband markets.
Industry SWOT Analysis
Analysis of the major Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats within the wireline and wireless sectors and within the broader political, economic and business environment.
Business Environment Rankings
BMI's Telecommunications Business Environment Rankings provides a country-comparative Risk-Reward Rankings index aimed at investors (vendors, operators and suppliers) in the regional telecoms market.
The rankings methodology makes sophisticated use of more than 40 industry, economic and demographic data points.
BMI Industry Forecast Scenario
Historic data series and forecasts to end-2018 for all key industry indicators (see list below) supported by explicit assumptions, plus analysis of key downside risks to the main forecast.
- Fixed-Line Telephony - Telephone lines ('000); telephone lines/100 inhabitants.
- Cellular Telephony - Mobile phone subscribers ('000); mobile phone subscribers/100 inhabitants; mobile phone subscribers/100 fixed line subscribers.
- Internet Markets - Internet users ('000); internet users/100 inhabitants; broadband internet subscribers ('000); broadband internet subscribers/100 inhabitants.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Fixed Networks research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Peru Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Greece Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Malaysia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Sri Lanka Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Ireland Telecommunications Report Q4 2014
- Pakistan Telecommunications Report Q4 2014