Fast Market Research recommends "Cigarettes in Belgium" from Euromonitor International, now available
Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 10/06/2014 -- In the context of declining domestic consumption, with smoking prevalence increasing but Belgian smokers smoking less, the excise duty rise that took effect in 2013 resulted in a significant price increase. This had two major effects. Firstly, the trading down trend was halted. Instead of choosing economy brands, Belgians switched to cheaper RYO tobacco.
As in various neighbouring countries, Belgian cigarette sales are dominated by multinationals, with Philip Morris, British American Tobacco, Imperial Tobacco and JT International together accounting for a 93% share of volumes in 2013.
Cigarettes is predicted a further volume decline over 2013-2018. This will be due to several factors, including, first and foremost, rising health concerns. Another reason will be price increases. Price rises in 2013 reduced the attractiveness of Belgian cigarettes to smokers in neighbouring countries. As a result, cross-border trade is also set to slowly diminish over the course of the next five years.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Cigarettes industry in Belgium with research from Euromonitor's team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you're in the Cigarettes industry in Belgium, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Cigarettes in Belgium market research report includes:
- Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
- Detailed segmentation of international and local products
- Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
- Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
- Production, imports, and exports of finished cigarettes
- Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
- What is the market size of Cigarettes in Belgium?
- What are the major brands in Belgium?
- What is the legislative environment like in Belgium?
- What are the rates of cigarette taxation in Belgium?
- Do premium, mid-price or economy cigarettes dominate in Belgium?
- What is the rate of illicit trade in Belgium?
- How many smokers are there in the country?
Reasons to Get this Report
- Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
- Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
- Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions
Product coverage: High Tar Cigarettes, Low Tar Cigarettes, Mid Tar Cigarettes, Ultra Low Tar Cigarettes.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Consumer Goods research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cigarettes in the US
- Cigarettes in Finland
- Cigarettes in the Czech Republic
- Cigarettes in Colombia
- Cigarettes in Chile
- Cigarettes in Portugal
- Cigarettes in Guatemala
- Cigarettes in Slovakia
- Cigarettes in Denmark
- Cigarettes in Venezuela