Boston, MA -- (SBWIRE) -- 03/12/2014 -- Australia is one of the world's largest producers and exporter of coal with production estimated at 476.5 million tons (Mt) in 2013, further projected to reach 635.9Mt in 2020, representative of a CAGR of 4.4%. Substantial production over the forecast period is likely due to capacity extensions and new projects. Projects such as the China First coal project, the Alpha coal project, the Wandoan project, and the South Galilee project located in the state of Queensland are some of the largest, with capacities of 40Mt, 30Mt, 22Mt and 13.6Mt respectively. The country's abundant and high-quality coal deposits are widely distributed across all the country's states and the Northern Territory.
- New South Wales and Queensland dominate Australia's black coal production, although smaller quantities of black coal originate from Western Australia, South Australia and Tasmania.
- Significant black coal deposits are located in the Bowen-Surat basin in Queensland and Sydney basin in New South Wales.
- By 2015, expansion plans at the major ports in Queensland and New South Wales will increase the total export handling capacity to 515 million tons per annum (Mtpa) from 456Mtpa in 2011.
- Australia's proven coal reserves amounted to around 76.4billion tons (bt) at the end of 2012, representing 9% of proven global coal proven reserves.
View Full Report Details and Table of Contents
The report contains an overview of the Australian coal mining industry together with the its growth factors and restraints. It also provides detailed information about production, prices, production by grade, basin and mining methods, reserves, reserves by grade and regions, major producing mines, competitive landscape, major exploration and development projects, consumption, consumption by type and trade. Also included is the country's fiscal regime, which includes governing bodies and relevant laws, rights and obligations of the mining companies, as well as key fiscal terms.
Reasons to Get this Report
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Glencore Xstrata Plc, Rio Tinto Coal Australia Pty Ltd, BHP Billiton Mitsubishi Alliance, Anglo Coal Australia Pty Ltd, Peabody Energy Corporation
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget. For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
Browse all Materials research reports at Fast Market Research
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Coal Mining in Indonesia to 2020
- Continental Coal Limited (CCC) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Guildford Coal Limited (GUF) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Whitehaven Coal Limited (WHC) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Prophecy Coal Corp. (PCY) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Celsius Coal Limited (CLA) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Coal of Africa Limited (CZA) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Universal Coal Plc (UNV) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Tiaro Coal Limited (TCM) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile
- International Coal Ltd (ICX) - Metals and Mining - Deals and Alliances Profile